Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: richlin2's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View richlin2's profile Entries: 62
Views: 16517
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (13): 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

09-27-2014 01:21 AM Cab Off
Finally got to a place where I can start work on the cab. I've got maybe a month before it gets cold, so I better get going and get this truck painted.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #56]

06-19-2014 11:17 PM Back on Fenders
Well I tried to get this done, but it turns out the Grand kids end up on the All-Star Baseball team and have more games for us to watch. Anyhow I bought some MP-200 Direct-to Metal primer with activator. The application went ok. After these pictures I sanded all the fenders and a lot of the small dings and dents went away. There still some small ones left that I'll have to get after probably grind off and fill? I found that you must clean the spray guy right when your done because that primer sets up pretty fast. And it did sand very easy as advertised.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #55]

05-15-2014 05:13 PM Front Fenders
Put the fenders back on for final smothie work. The joints filled in nice by the head lights. No buldge out on driver side lower panel. Hope to primer sat. Got a primer that goes on bare metal and is high build and easy to sand. Working on rear fenders also. I want all fenders and running boards ready for paint.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #54]

03-31-2014 11:54 PM Fenders, front
The driver side front fender has a special problem. The lower half is a very poor fit. It is to long and causes a buldge out that is pretty obvious. I thought that this is a problem with just my truck, but looking at pictures of other trucks I see the same thing. Drives me buggy. So I made it shorter. Removed the end piece, had to break spot welds reinstalled to make for a better fit redrilling new mounting holes. Also cleaned up the front connect points and filled with body filler for a better look.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #53]

03-13-2014 06:21 PM 3rd tail light
Finally finished floor cover. Cut out a hole in the back of cab for a 3rd tail light. The light came off a 98 Dodge Dakota. Got clips with screws, gaskets the whole nine yards. It will be brake light and directional signals.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #52]

Pages (13): 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13