Finally finished rust and paint on the Cab bottom. Cleaned up Chassis Cab mounts and put in new rubber bushings. Repainted front brake calipers RED and front end with chassis black. Stood the Cab back up and will start with more paint removal and seat and A/C brackets.
Replaced rust holes with new metal, welded them in. The black bracket is for the emergency brake cable.
My first try was pretty ugly so I made a nice one and painted it black. It bolts on under the frame and makes a terminal point for the cable that comes off the hand brake. Wire brushed the whole bottom of the cab, will sand and when finished welding the new metal paint with chassis black.
The paint is coming off ok, had to do another swipe as striper goop dont work as good when temp gets bellow 60s. While waiting for goop to work put on rad over flow tank, nice chrome one. Also, cleaning up brake calipers and painting red, will do master cylinder the same. I guess Ill have to wait till spring for final paint. No big deal have lots of other work to do for final assembly. Be busy all winter... My Eastwood high speed sander froze up. I took it all appart and the air rotator is froze up. Anybody know how to unlock it. I guess Ill boil it in oil.
My sand blaster guy had to go into the hospital again, so I guess I got to paint off myself. My wifes brother said he did a couple of cars using a citristrip paint remover product. Smells like lemon. So I got a bottle and so far its working pretty good. The drill you see is a THORS SpeedDrill my DAD had when he was building tanks for WWII. I put a new cord on it , cleaned the comutators and she works like a drill.
This is one heavy duty drill with a half inch chuck. You dont what to use it around fumes the thing sparks when drillen. The pic of the rear spring is a new set I put on. Speedway had a garage sale on 3 inch lower super slide leafs, 70 bucks off. With the frame sitting there bare I noticed the driver side about inch and a half lower. So the old springs had to go.