Finally finished floor cover. Cut out a hole in the back of cab for a 3rd tail light. The light came off a 98 Dodge Dakota. Got clips with screws, gaskets the whole nine yards. It will be brake light and directional signals.
Filled the holes from the addon turn signals. Those big amber 3.5 inch round flashers ( put um on E-Bay). I will use the parking lights with amber lenses for turn signals. I put a copper piece under the hole held on with magnets. Mig welded the holes up. Grinded them down and primered.
Drilled the holes and bolted in the sway bar. Had to go through a rig-a-morole with clamps and pry bar to get bar on A-frames. Emergency brake cable hooked up. Remembered to adjust brake pads as I rebuilt brakes with new pads and left the adjustments to lowest position. Works good, pull handle up and rear wheels lock up. The one pic has the original brake fork with a swivel I made to hook up with the emer brake foot unit I pulled out of the 98 explorer. I was going to use the cable that went through the body. The cable cover was to short and the connection to to hand brake came out to flaky. When I pulled the rear end out of the 98 Explorer I took off the emer bracket that was a bolt on to the frame and all the cables and connections. All this stuff worked okey for this install for the rear end. I was bumping around in one of my suppliers mags for something else and came across a Lokar kit that did the job for the hand brake lever. It had a long enough cable plus a real nice bracket for mounting on the frame. Job done
Got a new tool for the shop, a aluminum Racing Jack. It is sooooo nice to lift without having to crawl.
Put the sway bar in place with clamps for placement of holes to be drilled. Still working on floor tyranny cover and others. Also, working on emergency brake cables. Using the original hand lever and cables from ford explorer. One the first try the cables actually connected, but after
tabs are welded to frame for anchor points the cables will probably have to be cut. work in progress....