My Son came over to help on the truck and brought a 42inch TV for the shop. We installed a wall mount
and put her up. Had to set up the router to expand the grooves out a 1/16 inch on the boards. The first
try was a bit short. After placing a couple of boards with the strips the holes became covered up for the next board. Routing them with the new dimension did the job, boards fit just fine. Cab doesnt look any different, but there is more paint off and I wire brushed the firewall. Got a lots of holes to fill. Cab on rollers so I can move it around the shop. See the snow on us again, missed last year got a bunch the year before.
Finally finished rust and paint on the Cab bottom. Cleaned up Chassis Cab mounts and put in new rubber bushings. Repainted front brake calipers RED and front end with chassis black. Stood the Cab back up and will start with more paint removal and seat and A/C brackets.
Replaced rust holes with new metal, welded them in. The black bracket is for the emergency brake cable.
My first try was pretty ugly so I made a nice one and painted it black. It bolts on under the frame and makes a terminal point for the cable that comes off the hand brake. Wire brushed the whole bottom of the cab, will sand and when finished welding the new metal paint with chassis black.
The paint is coming off ok, had to do another swipe as striper goop dont work as good when temp gets bellow 60s. While waiting for goop to work put on rad over flow tank, nice chrome one. Also, cleaning up brake calipers and painting red, will do master cylinder the same. I guess Ill have to wait till spring for final paint. No big deal have lots of other work to do for final assembly. Be busy all winter... My Eastwood high speed sander froze up. I took it all appart and the air rotator is froze up. Anybody know how to unlock it. I guess Ill boil it in oil.