Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: richlin2's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View richlin2's profile Entries: 56
Views: 14082
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (11): 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

11-04-2012 08:44 PM Bed back on
Bed, rear fenders, bumper and tail lights back on. Got to see that all parts ordered for tail lights won't
work. Going to install fuse block and wires in the cab and trial run wiring to see how thats going to come together. I was thinking on putting in the dash instruments and may be starting the engine. Three
things to get done in the cab finish shift linkage, a/c brackets and battery hold down. Also got to drill holes in fenders to connect to running boards.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #30]

10-30-2012 06:04 PM Bed Primed
Finally got the old red paint off. Who ever painted this truck red (original green) did a very poor job.
Covered the door inspection plates, glove box door and ash tray door. The ash tray will be converted to a 12v plug for accessories.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #29]

09-04-2012 02:47 PM The 48 gets outside
My Son came over and needed to redue front brakes on his S10. So the old girl got outside for the first time in a year and a half.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #28]

08-07-2012 06:08 PM I have steering
Doing this hot rod for the first time, one of the things I do is go to the bone yard and look at how cars are built to get ideas and parts to complete a job. On one trip I was looking at ford vans steering set ups. After removing a couple of shafts off steering boxes I finally found one the fits a mustang II. It had a telescoping shaft on it that had a 6 inch movement. When I got my column and installed it I found the steering shaft was just to long. So I cut 1 1/2 in. off and it fits great. There is a Borgeson universal and 3/4DD on the column end. It's awsome to turn the steering wheel and watch the front tires turn. I know a NewBe...........Also got a LOKAR kit to connect column to 700r4.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #27]

07-26-2012 04:00 PM Running Boards,, new
Got the new running boards $575.00. Etch primed them right out of the box. Also got the steering column in with a four speed indicator for the 700r4. The big box has all the glass for windshied, doors and rear.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #26]

Pages (11): 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11