I have screw holes in the doors from rear view mirrors. They put on those big retangular crome jobs that look like big ears on dumbo. The things got rusty and had to come off. I got the idea of turning a screw in the holes and then grinding it off, with a hit from the MIG. I did two and it came out ok, I think??? The lower door hindge hole is longated because the pin was attempted removal by drill bit. Didnot work. Im going to put a quarter inch copper tube and have the welder guy fill it up.
Layed the mud on the bed sides taking out the waves. Looks pretty flat to me. Made some brackets to weld on firewall so I dont have to drill holes. Sawed a piece off a extra brake leaver to weld on for extra 2in for proper brake pedal position. Working on mounting braces for wipers motor assy under dash.
Started on bed. Remove all paint in the areas were the mud goes. easy when you use a air driven sander. Laying on the mud and sanding with air sander and block. It is great to be able to drive in and out of the shop. Got the rear fender braces back on, these were a lot of work to restore. Got a little tack installed on steering column.
The A/C unit is in there and needs final work on the brackets. Those upper brackets that are seen are for the electric windshield wippers.
Boy she is a driver, everything works. Power brakes and steering. Tranny shifts nice and smooth. Had her up to 50 mph. Temp stays at 180 deg. After first run around noticed fuel leak at Pump. Took off fuel
line to quad and redid the flange. Still leaked. Got a stainless fuel line from O Riely with a brass nipple. Got it all together still leaked. Got a new pump from O Riely and no leak. So much for parts from the crate engine guys. Put 10 miles on my ride. What fun. Now starts serious body work. Changed oil with the required additives as required by the crate engine guys.
After getting oil pressure, put plugs back in. Water in radiator, check oil and transmission fluid took vacum advance off, lets start er up. No go. Pulled dist out and set 180 out. Engine fired a few revolutions then no spark. TRIED MANY TIMES, NOTHING. Got on the forum for HEI no spark, Read a bunch of articles. Went back and checked a bunch of things and no go. O'Rielys had a MSD HEI got it installed and cranked up awsome. The original HEI was a Pro-Billet, have it checked out to see what is wrong. Set timing 10 deg adv. pluged vacumn up, ran 30 min beak-in at fast idle. Lifted rear tires off ground for transmission. Recomended by vendor. After 30 min break-in, let sit for a hour then start up slowed idle and went through the gears. The flow master exhaust and mufflers sound awsome. See
pic of gauges. All systems go. Power steering also works, got to tighten belt.