Doors look ok after holes filled sanded and primered. Will work on lower rust problem after I do a couple of days or more of welding practice. Had to move steering wheel over one and a quarter inch to the left. When you have a bench seat in a truck doesnt matter all that much but a bucket now a different animal. Where I want the seats to be the wheel wasnt. Remove column again for the direction indicator lever fell out. Screw came out. Did figure out the no start switch. The two elec tabs on the right short when in park and nuetral. The other two only in reverse, for bach-up lights. The floor plate has a new hole for the column. Raised it up two inches. So now the steering wheel and shift lever not so close to dash. Also makes for a better position to a sitting driver. All this back and forth, up and down, in and out wears a fella out..
I have screw holes in the doors from rear view mirrors. They put on those big retangular crome jobs that look like big ears on dumbo. The things got rusty and had to come off. I got the idea of turning a screw in the holes and then grinding it off, with a hit from the MIG. I did two and it came out ok, I think??? The lower door hindge hole is longated because the pin was attempted removal by drill bit. Didnot work. Im going to put a quarter inch copper tube and have the welder guy fill it up.
Layed the mud on the bed sides taking out the waves. Looks pretty flat to me. Made some brackets to weld on firewall so I dont have to drill holes. Sawed a piece off a extra brake leaver to weld on for extra 2in for proper brake pedal position. Working on mounting braces for wipers motor assy under dash.
Started on bed. Remove all paint in the areas were the mud goes. easy when you use a air driven sander. Laying on the mud and sanding with air sander and block. It is great to be able to drive in and out of the shop. Got the rear fender braces back on, these were a lot of work to restore. Got a little tack installed on steering column.
The A/C unit is in there and needs final work on the brackets. Those upper brackets that are seen are for the electric windshield wippers.
Boy she is a driver, everything works. Power brakes and steering. Tranny shifts nice and smooth. Had her up to 50 mph. Temp stays at 180 deg. After first run around noticed fuel leak at Pump. Took off fuel
line to quad and redid the flange. Still leaked. Got a stainless fuel line from O Riely with a brass nipple. Got it all together still leaked. Got a new pump from O Riely and no leak. So much for parts from the crate engine guys. Put 10 miles on my ride. What fun. Now starts serious body work. Changed oil with the required additives as required by the crate engine guys.