Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Mach1460's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Mach1460's profile Entries: 1
Views: 303
now viewing from the beginning || view most recent entries

06-19-2012 06:31 PM Project 92' Eddie
Im getting some parts together for my "restoration" of my 92 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer. Ill be replacing the rear quarter panels, fixing some small dings and dents, re-painting it as close to factory as possible. In my personal opinion I like the look of a factory vehicles or the "sleeper look" at least. Don't get me wrong modified vehicles look great but im going with the original factory two-tone Eddie Bauer paint job. Hopefully this will help some of the other 4x4 hotrodders out there, and since almost every bronco we see on the road is a bucket of rust when a nice one drives by it really catches peoples attention. In the next week ill be starting with the hood I think which the clear coat is mostly flaked off. Ive read and been told by some good painters that a guy can get away with painting one panel at a time when your shooting black. Since its my daily driver I might go this route. It would be nice to paint it all at once, which may still happen. We will see. I have a 66 mustang that I can drive a little if I get in a pinch (It needs some front end work, balljoints ect ect) I also have access to my moms caddy that that collects dust in there garage. The paint booth will bet set up in the third stall of my garage, a homemade temporary booth. I did a miata quarter about 8 months ago and it turned out great, so I will stick with what works.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]