Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: hmmm's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View hmmm's profile Entries: 2
Views: 1122
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

07-17-2004 04:43 AM pics
a couple other pics at the lot

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

07-17-2004 04:37 AM My 1985 'TA
Well, I bought this car a little over a year ago. It's a theft recovery so I got a descent price on it. After purchasing I drove it the whole 120 miles back home with no stops other than gas before I left that town. It ran great but was expecting problems later on.....(C'mon...it's a theft recovery) LOL Bodywise it's not too bad. The door locks are gone and the interior needs a little work but all in all....I am satisfied with it.

I am planning to swap the stock carburated 305 out for a 1968 small journal 327. Oh Yeah! That'll do me just fine....I'll save my 400 for something else later on. I purchased the engine and matching 461X heads from a guy about 90 miles from here that was closing down his shop for $120. He just has to get rid off everything so he can have his garage back........It was a huge garage too! Packed Full!!! 4 car at least. The block and heads seem fine at this point so I am begining to buy parts. YES...I will eventually take them into the shop and have them checked out properly but for now I don't want to crush my dreams with any bad news so.......

The block will be bored out 60 over and alighn honed.
The heads will be cut out for 2.02 and 1.60 valves. Probably port matched too. Plus basic other things.

So far I have these to work with....

1 - Summit 1.6 and 1.5 aluminum roller rockers

2 - Holley 750/780cfm carb

3 - elgin Z28 springs

4 - (cloyes?) Drive gear set

5 - Speed Pro hardened pushrods

6 - Edelbrock Performer RPM intake

7 - Summit 1105 camshaft and lifters

8 - Short style headers

9 - Blaster 2 ingition coil

There's alot more but my brain is failing me at the moment......I really need to sleeep. Will have to pick this up later

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]