Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: gt2betubbed's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View gt2betubbed's profile Entries: 8
Views: 3623
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

03-17-2004 12:00 AM The Blower and test fit.
Here's the 6-71 Blower that'll be making this thing come alive! It still needs to be rebuilt and polished, but still looks good on top if you ask me. On top of the blower is a mechanical fuel injection set up from Hilborn. My uncle thinks we can get it to work off pump gas, but I'd rather turn it into EFI. BUT, that's still further down the road. I have a lot more work before I can get into that. Here's the test fit of the Engine in the car. It's tilted pretty bad, but didn't want start cutting the firewall just yet.
The guy in the pic is me!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

03-16-2004 11:52 PM Head Game
Now, this car was supposed to be streetable, but the more I looked at it, the more I felt that it needed to be as radical as I can get away with. I looked into a lot of heads, and for the price, I couldn't pass up the Pro-Top Line's 320cc Pro Thunder Aluminum Heads. I had it set up with titanium retainers and a vavle train that will handle up to .800" lift. I don't have a cam as of yet, but that's mainly because I still don't have a set of carbs, and I'm looking into EFI. Right now money is tight, and that may be a deciding factor. I was really impressed on the look of the heads, but with the problems that some of the other mbr's have had with them, it makes me a little nervous...

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

03-16-2004 11:40 PM Bottom's Up.
I figure that since this thing is giong to be blown, I should build the bottom end to be a strong as I could afford. The motor starts out as a 454 BBC bored .060" over. The crank is an Eagle 4340 Steel unit, which spins on Clevite bearings, along with Eagle H-Beam Connecting Rods, and Speed Pro Forged dish pistons. The also pic shows the Mezier polished electric water pump.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

03-16-2004 11:28 PM The Set Up
Well, like I said, it's an Alston 4 link rear. It's got a Ford 9" that was shortened and filled with 31 splined axles, a Detroit locker, and 3.89 gears. The wheels are 15"x12" Cragar SS's in the rear wrapped in 29"x18.5" Mickey Thompson Sportsman Pro's, and 14"x7"s in the front. Right now, the front is too low to be driven, but it makes for some cool pics.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

03-16-2004 11:07 PM Rolling Chassis
Here's how it it looked one he was all done. While it was there, I picked up a set of chrome coil overs, and tubular arms to get the look and stance I was going for. This thing is in the weeds! The lower tubulars still have to be braced properly, but I'm not quite there yet. The guy on the right is Scott Zimmerman and he's that made this all happen! Thanks Scott!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

Pages (2): [1] 2