Summer of 2004, The empty motor and trans are put in the car to see if Walton has done their homework, and they did, no problems putting it in. Checking for steering, motor to firewall, trans to floor clearances. I have plenty of room from the top of the intake to the bottom of the hood, i could run a 6-71 blower and not have to cut the hood.
Spring of 2004, Got the trans crossmember from Walton Fab.(same company i got the motor mounts from) It bolts into the existing rivet holes. The original K-member legs are left in the car and bolt up to the new member. The center drop out section can be bolted in to fit any GM automatic trans from powerglide to the 4L80-E. I'm going with a Turbo350 for now (the price was right, FREE).
Spring of 2004, Front suspension put back on. I got the disc brake conversion brackets from ECI Brakes. It came with the brackets, bolt spacers and bearing spacers. It allows the use of GM 11" discs (a very common part according to the donor vehicle list) and tapered roller bearings. I plan on moving the master cylinder up to the firewall from it's current "under the floor" set up.
Autumn of 2003, All hosed down with Permatex Extend (its like a por 15 laminate) and sprayed semi-gloss black. Bob heated and bent the lip back out, this closed the crack and he welded a small plate on the back side. Good as new...
Summer of 2003, Taking the front suspension off for paint and new rubber parts. Got to get the passengers side lower control arm fixed, it looks as if someone was backing up and hung the control arm up a good one. There's a crack in it and it's folded on the lip. Took it to work with me and again brother Bob hooked me up.