Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: whyholdback's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View whyholdback's profile Entries: 3
Views: 528
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

02-03-2012 07:04 AM update
Progress on: The Towing Trans Am:
Got the full-floating Dana 60 axle, got a good used set of 3.54:1 gears to replace the worn-out 4.10:1 gears in the axle, got the axle to the car, found a new posi for the D60 for $376, found new 16x6" dually wheels for $80 each, made a little progress on the hitch.

[Entry #3]

01-10-2012 09:23 AM multi-project progress
I'm making progress on the 3 hitches for my 2 pickups, and I'm starting a class 3, in-trunk, through-the-bumber hitch for my '84 Trans Am. Not only that, I'm jumping off the deep end, and adding a gooseneck hitch to it, plus about 100 pounds of bracing and other additional structure, not counting the roll cage or the subframe connectors or the axle upgrade. And I'm still considering a dually option, using 205/65R16 tires and maybe even a fake-Testarossa wide-body kit. Or skip that, only use the inner wheels 99% of the time, and use Dzus-ed flares when adding the outer pair of rear wheels.
I'm dead serious, and I'm really excited about it. Not that it could tow much, but the car is rated to tow 2000# while the Curt hitch is only rated to tow half that.

[Entry #2]

12-24-2011 12:46 PM Start my project journal? Which project?
The '81 Firebird, swapping the 265 Poncho for a SBC 350, then trying to copy a '78 Camaro build I did that got 27 MPG?
Or the '84 Trans Am, torn on what engine / trans to install?
Or the tall-deck 427 with flat-tops and '049 heads I'm porting, that I'd like to put in the '84, with a pair of imported turbos, with a 4L80E, and swap a Ford 8.8" axle?
Or trying the V6 version of the WC T5 behind a basic 350, not using the V8 bellhousing, but using the 12.75" flywheel?
Or one of the trucks I'm working on? Wait, what's the definition of hot-rodding? I don't feel it includes changing parts on a work truck to make it tow better. Plenty of other forums for that.
Anyone have any requests?

[Entry #1]