Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Silentfallen's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Silentfallen's profile Entries: 2
Views: 505
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

02-15-2012 05:36 PM Its been a while
I have been working on and off on the car since the last post. I have been mostly doing research on how to go about some of the wood replacement but i think i have the idea down. All the floor is out of the car and the passenger side sill is ready to come out. i will use whats left of the wood to make a metal replacement out of 3/4" x 1 1/2" square tube and sheet then add in new body mounts and attempt to locate the rear of the body back where it should be. We didn't strap the body to the frame when we trailer to car home and what was left for locating body to frame is laying on the gravel road somewhere. I will post more photos this weekend when i get the sill out and start some fabrication.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

01-15-2012 09:45 PM 33 Chevy 4door Coupe.
About a month ago I came across a guy in southern Saskatchewan selling this car. Frame already boxed, Mustang II front end and a Corvette rear diff mounted in. There are 350 engine mounts setup already in the car as well as the cross-member for a 350 tranny. Most of the wood is missing from inside of the car so some creative guessing is going to have to be my friend. IF anyone has any photos of there builds where they replaced all the wood with metal and have some good tips and info please PM me.

Wish me luck ..

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]