Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: bad436z28's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View bad436z28's profile Entries: 30
Views: 1656
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6

03-03-2012 10:35 PM 79 z28 436sbc/4speed bright cobalt blue metallic,soon to be.
not much to report today as it was very cold and windy only 30 degrees i did get some sanding done but still lots to do before its ready for primer.

[Entry #30]

03-02-2012 08:14 PM 79 z28 436sbc/4speed bright cobalt blue metallic,soon to be.
made more progress today,but not as much as i had hoped for,weather wasnt very warm,so took awhile for the filler to cure,ot the fender all preped and sanded flat and smooth its now ready for my 2k primer,my bumper cover took the longest to cure,that poly flex is some really good stuff,as bumper cover is coming out better than expected,gonna look real nice when i get it done,so got half the bumper cover completely ready for paint,so i will finish the other half tomarrow,tuesday will be my next chance to lay primer,its gonna be warmer.also want to start prepping my engine bay for semi -gloss black and maybe start on my door jams.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #29]

03-01-2012 02:53 PM 79 z28 436sbc/4speed bright cobalt blue metallic,soon to be.
well got my bumper cover all sanded down and feathered just need to apply some poly flex filler in a few spots.also got my passenger fender sanded and scuffed now i can aplly my lightweight filler there,was to cold today to apply the filler gonna be warmer tomarrow,then i can sand it flat and prime it tomarrow im hoping.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #28]

03-01-2012 10:34 AM 79 z28 436sbc/4speed bright cobalt blue metallic,soon to be.
i also purchased a complete paint kit from primer to clear coat,its gonna be painted bright cobalt blue metallic,should look good,the metallics in that paint are unbelievable never seen that much metallic before.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #27]

03-01-2012 10:24 AM 79 z28 436sbc/4speed bright cobalt blue metallic,soon to be.
hopefully today i can sand my bumper cover completely down so i can begin priming it tomarrow,then comes my block sanding.it will also need a few spots of my poly flex plastic flexible filler.

[Entry #26]

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6