Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: fourty6hotrod's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View fourty6hotrod's profile Entries: 7
Views: 908
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

09-23-2013 03:42 PM Couple pic's of the truck finished.
This is the second summer the truck has been on the road. Ran really good the first summer not so good this summer. Planning on taking out the 235 and the cast iron powerglide and replacing it with a 350 700R combo this winter.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

01-16-2012 06:01 PM A look inside
Made a instrument panel out of a piece of sheet metal and painted the dash. Sprayed the floor with undercoating. Picked up a steering column out of a '68 Camaro a third row seat out of a Chevy Suburban and gauges at a swap meet. The gauges are out of a '70 IHS Scout. Didn't really know much about gauges when I bought them and I'm not sure if I will be able to get the right senders for them? They were made by Stewart Warner for IH. Thought about giving them a call to see if they can give me any info. I really like the way they look but I think it might be easier to just buy new ones.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

01-16-2012 05:32 PM Truck on the new frame
A pic of the truck on it's new frame with new bed wood. Also rebuilt the front end with 2" drop spindles and manual rack and pinion.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

01-16-2012 05:21 PM Engine and tranny
For a $100 picked up a 1955 235 inline 6 out of a Chevy Bel-Air and a cast iron Powerglide for $200 off of Craigslist. The engine was an oily mess and the tranny was nice and clean. Hopefully the engine and tranny work!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

01-15-2012 08:08 AM Swapping the frame
Picked up a frame off of EBay. 46 1/2 ton frame with Mustang 2 front end and a Chevy 10 bolt rear end from a '73 Nova. Borrowed a car trailer and went to Indiana to pick it up.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

Pages (2): [1] 2