Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Metalman Sr.'s Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Metalman Sr.'s profile Entries: 51
Views: 3476
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

10-02-2014 09:03 PM C 10
Well I'm back, never was really gone this Windows 8.1 really sucks and I'm no chump when it comes to computing, a lot has happened and I will bring you up to date as soon as I can I just wanted to make sure my journal is still active.

[Entry #51]

06-26-2014 06:26 PM C10
L:look's Like this fender is worse shape than I anticipated the more I work it the more the metal cracks due to work-hardening, I've got a boat-load of work don these few weeks but most of it on everything but the truck and I've been off line for I don't know how long. I'll try and get this up to date ASAP.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #50]

05-10-2014 11:05 PM Life Happens
I've been gone for quite a while so I thought I would check in to see if I still had a Journal. Nothing happening except work work and none for the projects. I'd like to do something about this dash I can't find anything that works well and looks good. Oh well

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #49]

04-01-2014 08:00 PM C10 Glove box
I sanded the door with forty grit and ware it out before I got through the paint. I swear he must have put it on with a fire hose.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #48]

04-01-2014 07:55 PM C10
Well here we are another week gone with some progress, not as much as I would like but some. As I mentioned I cleaned the last of the rust on the cowl extensions and worked most of the production stamp marks out, next I will skim coat and use it as a guide coat to finish the metal work. this process saves on the metal and gets you there faster and better by filling in the smaller imperfections that would need filling anyway, much like using led. I used a used nine inch grinding disk to draw the metal out without grinding too much off. I use this process on roof and hood panels to straighten them and not mud them. I also started glassing my glove box to make it last longer and more acceptable to the mods I am sure will come, remember this is resto-mod driver not a show truck.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #47]

Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11