L:look's Like this fender is worse shape than I anticipated the more I work it the more the metal cracks due to work-hardening, I've got a boat-load of work don these few weeks but most of it on everything but the truck and I've been off line for I don't know how long. I'll try and get this up to date ASAP.
I've been gone for quite a while so I thought I would check in to see if I still had a Journal. Nothing happening except work work and none for the projects. I'd like to do something about this dash I can't find anything that works well and looks good. Oh well
Well here we are another week gone with some progress, not as much as I would like but some. As I mentioned I cleaned the last of the rust on the cowl extensions and worked most of the production stamp marks out, next I will skim coat and use it as a guide coat to finish the metal work. this process saves on the metal and gets you there faster and better by filling in the smaller imperfections that would need filling anyway, much like using led. I used a used nine inch grinding disk to draw the metal out without grinding too much off. I use this process on roof and hood panels to straighten them and not mud them. I also started glassing my glove box to make it last longer and more acceptable to the mods I am sure will come, remember this is resto-mod driver not a show truck.
not much to show for the last week however I did get some things done including stripping both cowl extensions exposing the stamp/roller imperfections and cleaned the rust off the left extension underside which you can see in the picture. I did finish my new blast cabinet and hooked it up to my media pressure tank, works great. the last picture of a project I did for JoAnne, she collects chickens, this one is a door stop I repaired and refinished. Put in a flower garden pulled some weeds yada yada yada and the weak was gone. Got some work done today on the truck, More about that tomorrow when I get some pictures.