Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: No Sound's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View No Sound's profile Entries: 48
Views: 12445
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (10): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

03-16-2014 02:38 AM New door hinge
Well at first I did not plan to use electric windows but now I have them which means I needed to change the door hinge location so I could get a nice size panel gap between the door and the wing.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #48]

01-19-2014 03:10 PM Fitting the window frame to the door beams
Now I have finished the window frame it was time to fit it to the door beams. I put the seat in to see what it would be like when the window is down from a height point of view and its fine.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #47]

12-19-2013 03:55 PM Windows
Well the Jaguar doors turn up so I took off the door skin to see what was involved in making up a frame which would locate the runners, glass, and motor mechanism and also to see how it would fit to my door beams. The frame is made of 16x16x1.5mm box. I had to cut off the top brackets on the runners and make some new ones because I wanted the top box to also act as the bump stop for the window mechanism (Also has a small cam for fine adjustment). The next stage will be to fit it to the door beams.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #46]

10-26-2013 05:07 PM Front
I wanted to move the front jig section and relocate it to the back of the jig. Before I could do this I needed to brace the front and to finish off the front wire arch to the spoiler.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #45]

08-29-2013 04:29 PM Headlight Wirer Surround
Now I have the both headlight casings finished and in position I then needed to make up the wirer headlight surrounds for the buck. The former will be used to form the wire to shape of the headlight case and also to position the wire surround in the buck. So I cut a wire former out of 10mm plate and then bolted it to a face plate so that I could heat the wire up to temperature and wrap it around the former. The next stage was to set up the jig cross members at the required angle so that I could use a piece of 30x30x3 box section to bolt the former to and then hang the box from the jig cross members, for the other side it was just a case flipping the former and box over and re-bolting them together for the opposite hand.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #44]

Pages (10): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10