Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: LBL's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View LBL's profile Entries: 8
Views: 1188
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (2): [1] 2

08-11-2014 09:54 PM Never Finished
I am happy to say that I have been driving the car for the last 2 summers and it runs as good as it looks. I got the interior finished except for the headliner and installed front 3 way seat belts so here's a few pics. I also installed some gauges in the console so I can see how everything is working. I am planning on getting the dash painted soon as well. I also finally had a proper driveshaft made that weighs considerably less than the temporary one I put on originally. Not happy with the C4 transmission so I'm going to change it to an AOD when I find one. No one gets too close to it when my dog rides along.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

07-15-2013 10:48 PM Looking Up
Well I normally wouldn't call damage in storage a blessing but this time it worked out for me. I had the car in a portable garage over the winter and in spring when the ground thawed, the anchors came loose and the wind blew the garage against the car and scratched the sides. I was planning on painting the top half of the car this year anyways and ended up getting the insurance company to paint the bottom half. The car is running great , the brakes are working great and it looks great. I'm putting new carpet in and that'll be it for this year. I can finally drive it after 2 years of trials and tribulations. i really appreciate all the help I've gotten from the members on this site, i probably would still be struggling with some of the problems I had if it weren't for the advice I've received. Here's some close to final pics of the exterior.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

11-19-2012 10:20 PM WOW
What a battle I've had with this car, if I knew it was going to be this much trouble, I would have left the 6 in it. I had some trouble with it not revving up and while working on it, drove it through the garage door. Then I found out that the problem was that I put a shift kirt in the trans, and when I put the valve body back in, I messed up and something got lodged in the wrong port and locked it in low gear. Add to that the fluid was low so the trans wasn't working until the revs got up and that's how it ended up going through the door. Anyways it is finally running but then there was oil on the valve covers coming from the dipstick and out the breather on the one valve cover. I replaced the crappy generic PCV valve with a proper one for that engine and everything seems fine. It ran pretty good although i need to tweek the shift points in spring when I get her back on the road. Whew , what a summer, something that was going to be a quick swap took all I had and then some to get it done....

  [Entry #6]

06-10-2012 11:40 AM PCV System
I have the motor running but am experiencing some oil pressure problems.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

04-17-2012 12:25 AM Ready for the New Motor
If this can just be done! I can't believe all the little things that keep creeping up but I'm close now. I just need to get my torque converter and bolt the tranny on the motor and put it in the car. I had to grind my motor mount pads as well as put slots in them for the alignment pins on the motor mounts. Now I'm beginning to worry about whether the motor is going to sit too high when I get it in. I guess I'll know real soon. The buckets are in as well and the shifter is in the console. I also decided that the trans cooler would mount under the front bumper. It also appears that the stock rad for the 6 won't keep the big 8 cool so I'll have to get it recored or order a new aluminum rad....m.o.n.e.y.....p.i.t. ! The last pic is my helper and sounding board.
The motor is in and looks great. I had to remove the headers because they hit the steering box but I will sell them and get a set of blockhuggers. I had to remove the spacer between the carb and the intake so the hood will fit back on but that was easy. I had to make a new driveshaft and I made it quite a bit heavier than the original, maybe overkill but it was also cheaper. I am now waiting for a new set of headers and my rad to come back and I should be ready to break in the engine. I finally got my brakes fixed and need to hook up the shifter linkage. I'm looking forward to finally driving it .


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

Pages (2): [1] 2


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.