Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: bbeins's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View bbeins's profile Entries: 23
Views: 1680
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5

08-24-2014 09:02 AM Steering Linkage
April 2014 I installed the new steering column from Speedway. I knew I would have issues with the linkage, trying to fit around the headers with the original frame and mustang 2 front end. it took a lot of measuring and experimenting, but it came out pretty good.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #23]

08-24-2014 08:54 AM Motor add ons
April 2014 Added the alternator and power steering pump. put both on drivers side, which there is some discussion on. will balance out with a air conditioning pump someday.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #22]

08-24-2014 08:42 AM Cooling System install
April of 2014 Got the radiator and electric fan installed. All stainless bolts, tranny cooler, and digital controller that will allow me to set the temperature control points, and add air conditioning at a later date. Added braided chrome covers to the hoses.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #21]

08-24-2014 08:02 AM Heater rebuild
March 2014 While cab work is being done, decided to get ready to work on interior. The original heater motor was locked up, so decided to rebuild the entire unit. I had already had the local radiator shop overhaul the core when he did the radiator, so the unit was already out and disassembled. I ordered a 12volt replacement motor from LMC, but even though they claimed it was a direct replacement, it was smaller in diameter, and the mounting studs were narrower. I called their customer service, and they were clueless, so I returned it and ordered a different one from American Classic. Again, it was smaller, and customer service referred me to the distributor, who was helpful, but had no solution. What I ended up doing was to take the old 6volt motor apart and glue it on the butt of the new motor with black RTV. The pictures tell the story. Now it looks right from the firewall side.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #20]

08-24-2014 07:42 AM Cab fill and primer
March of 2014 Sending the cab out to the body shop for the finish body work and primer. I need it back to do the wiring harness ad interior. Pictures are of it before, during, and after.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #19]

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.