Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: halftonhotrod's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View halftonhotrod's profile Entries: 4
Views: 352
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

03-27-2012 07:13 AM had some warm weather but its gone,hate winter!...and header woes!
well found my jaz fuel cell weeping around the nylon washer on the outlet just what i need with bad mpgs, and i cannot seem to keep those horrible heddman ball and socket collecters! Total JUnK its a solid proven method just heddman 1/2a$$ed enginering job was horribly executed with 2 flimsy standard style 3bolt flanges that bend and loosen up ive double nutted them week later there leaking everybody else uses oem style stamped 2bolt items and springs like oem uses mite help..last pair of heddmans ill buy get what u pay for! They also were "direct fit" long tubes they didnt... pass side hits frame and bellhousing! And collecters lined up directly with tran crossmember no way to use it.

[Entry #4]

03-13-2012 02:11 PM just som pics
heres a few pics of my project thats my daily gas guzzling driver from last summer messin with my motor and late fall motor swap (also tranny exaust fuel cell custom crossmember had to make in the middle of the swap) before the snow fell well thats just got the motor in then the snow fell! That was awsome NOT.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

03-13-2012 09:33 AM engine building do's an dont's not always

[Entry #2]

03-13-2012 08:44 AM weather time money!
I bought my truck had a tbi 4.3 i dug out my venerable 355 over the summer i freshend it up honing new rings new bearings ect. Also tore my heads down cleaned&polished the stainless 2.02 1.60 valves(actually my son did the vaves spinning em in the drill press) (that worked great) finished the porting and polishing(arrowhead bowl ported alread) new springs ect an new howards cam. bought a perf 700r4 wth b&m megashifter I started the swap way to late winter showed up the next weekend.miserable swap in the driveway! Got it done ran good but over the winter chasing problems from a rushed job... As soon as i get warm weather gonna have to redo some things and add some things tranny cooler b4 gets hot out ect but as usual $ will b a factor(and the ol lady) also have to swap the 3.73 12bolt possi rear end in has 10bolt open 3.08s untill then BUT i goes surprisingly well with the tall gears and with gas prices for prem. gas scares me what the shorter gears will do for my MPG. Its prob 10ish with 3.08 now. And its my daily driver with ah 15/20 mile cummute to work BUT id rather pay the toll than drive ah compact... I cant wait till summer when cruise ins start back up cuz with my rough idle an the sound of 3" duals thru orig flowies it does turn heads its fun to have an ol rank sounding flat black 2wd truck that makes those 50 thousand Z71s seem invisable! I love it...i get alot of compliments wherever i go with a truck with less than 6k invested including what i paid for the truck...

[Entry #1]