Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: greazyball's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View greazyball's profile Entries: 9
Views: 780
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

12-03-2012 12:48 AM studebaker m5
i am not even done with my 55 Willys truck repairs,it still needs some suspension work,blocking,sanding and some odds n ends..Well,i turned away a 1935 ford truck cab becuaes i dont have the room or space yet to do anything with it,And its actually too far gone for me to want to fix.BUT today i was given the cab and nose for a late 40's Studebaker M5 truck..no frame,But thats ok. i should have made myself say NONONONO!! but the bulbous lookof the cab,fenders hood was sooo cooool looking,I couldnt say no! what frame to put under it?? dodge dakota?..no S-10,i think the truck would sit lower than i like

[Entry #9]

10-09-2012 11:50 PM on the road
well,been a long time since my last entry.Since then iv'e gotten the truck up and running.I have been doing a 'shakedown' run for the last week or 10days,No real issues,a few transmission leaks on the lines.I had real bad vibration so i started looking around and trying to figure it out.Well,i had too much angle on the driveshaft/rear pinion..it was binding and chewing up the rear universal.I also discovered both steel rims were bent..the trouble is,i drove the truck that way for awhile,And now i think its ruined the ring and pinion.I changed the angle and the vibration is gone,But i can hear the rearend howling and i think i have bad axle bearings too.Thats pure 'hurry,hurry,hurry get it done get it done' not paying close enough attention to everything.It cost me a good 9in ford rear axle that had no issues.Its still useable but i didnt want to put any mney into an otherwise nice rear axle.I will change it out for another rearend.ANd in doing so it eliminates the issue of having 5 lug drums..my truck is on mazda frame and the front rotors are 6 lug,I was contemplating having the fronts welded/drilled to match the rear..but i have a real nice rearend from a Jeep Grand Wagoneer thats six lugs and i can use the matching rims i have on the front that are from a 1989 dodge D50 truck..i like that all the rims match and i eliminate a ruined rearend

[Entry #8]

06-09-2012 08:14 PM been awhile
since my last entry,i have done ALOT of work.Tommorow i will add the battery,some gasoline and put Lady Luck in my front pocket and see if my old pig will start and run,.I also managed to trade the 35 ford pick-up for a 1933 ford AA truck cab and fenders,I like the looks of that better than the 35

[Entry #7]

03-25-2012 07:42 PM hood/grille
i fixed the hood,dollied out most of the bad spots,shrunk a few more,i will never get it perfect,my dad did the same thing to this hood when he was running it..left the hood unlatched and high tailed it up the road and the hood popped up and whack!! some wrinkles and dents.Now tommorw the fenders and rockers

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

03-24-2012 03:46 PM more
im going to turn these into barstools,they were found on the dump a bit bent,so i put them in my 100 ton press and straightened them a little bit.paint and striped them

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

Pages (2): [1] 2