Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: propaniac's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View propaniac's profile Entries: 8
Views: 2862
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

01-25-2005 03:05 PM More propane stuff
Here are a few more pics of the injectors and the vaporizer that I also mounted.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

01-25-2005 02:24 PM Another Project
I finally had time to start on my propane conversion for my 98 GMC. It is from the netherlands and is pretty cool. It reads the factory injector pulses, lambda (o2) and tach. It takes the info and uses it to fire another set of keihin vapor injectors. It compensates for fuel pressure and temperuature. Here are a couple of pics of my first attempt I only had a couple of hours. I tied in the injector simulators and connected the propane computer to the gm harness for the injector signals, tach and lambda. Here is a pic.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

08-23-2004 06:25 PM slow progress
Installed new Thorley headers today. Nice headers no problem installing them either. Also put new water pump. It is supposed to be a Milodon high flow, but on the end of the shaft it is stamped gmb. guess it will work ok.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

08-02-2004 06:48 PM engine in today
Got the engine in today, the thing fought me all the way. Afterwards I noticed that I have the valve covers on the wrong heads, the oil fill is by the brake booster.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

08-01-2004 02:59 PM Propane carb
I figured that most people haven't seen many propane carburetors so I thought that I would post some of the one that I am using so you can see what I am talking about.

This carb was made by borg warner. They were in a hurry to put it out to market and didn't get all the bugs worked out. They developed a very bad reputation because of this. They finally fixed most of the problems but by then it was too late no one wanted them.

The carb works by vacuum and is designed to sit on top of a gasoline carb. The air is drawn in over the doors on either side of the carb. The doors are hollow, so as the air flows over them the fuel is mixed with the air. These doors are attached to rod that determines the fuel mixture depending on air flow. There is also an accelerator circuit that is tied into manifold vacuum.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

Pages (2): [1] 2