Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: begtadiffer's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View begtadiffer's profile Entries: 3
Views: 511
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

05-15-2012 10:22 AM owner of heads emotionally attached
so starting over couldn't get owner of "202's" to let them go,may have lowballed him...so am now negotiating with machine shop for putting some together. told him wanted to spend 500.00. Am I dreaming or stuck in the past? I am going thru drive train and replacing rear axle bearings as there was min. amount of play,remembering the time of the shoebox chev and the ol whippen the chain,anyone remember? as I have mentioned before got to start re-doing all the work done by putz on the chassis.As it turns out I'll be recycling alot lot of iron, so far little that I can use

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

05-10-2012 10:55 AM machineshop report
Heard from shop yesterday,block needs cleanup bore .30 crank can be polished,am taking the cam that came with project in to have specked.so have set of std. pistons and rings for sale "350" [new] or trade? located set of 202 iron heads that came off a motor that spun a rod bearing at about 5000 mi. Anyone have a ballpark figure to offer the owner of these heads? with valves,heads were refreshed several years ago...probably needs seals also they were gasket matched [opened up to gasket temp-let] screwed studs will supply my own rockers.any tips for visual insp? dry stored

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

05-04-2012 05:39 PM new discoveries consistant with all the rest
still tearing down el pulled off rear drum and threw directly in recycle pile... the post I bought this from installed new shocks new door panel's and a new carpet,street bandit booster with prop. valve for disk/drum and oh yeah,all four drums [yes I said 4] are t**'s up as far as using them. Brilliant Dave said to me when I asked why he used nuts for spacers between the bracket and firewall attaching same that's the way u do it Duhhh! this guy used rattle can undercoating on everything firewall inside and out floor pan, door jamb hinge side... on a different subj. I did here from machine shop they finally got to the block and will report back to me on whether I can use new pistons,rings.and rod bearings that came with the project. so will have new set of standard bore 350 cones available if block needs to be punched out and if crank can,
't be polished will have a new set of rod bearings for same 10 under. to do this correct I should replace, refab the firewall and the floor pan.....and while I'm at it might as well go all the way back......more later

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]