Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: superdime's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View superdime's profile Entries: 10
Views: 805
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

02-05-2013 10:56 AM after much anticipation
so I have been very busy and havent been on here in awhile well here is the scoop i cut the slip yoke to solve my driveline issue and got er done and have been driving it ever since........well up until about a week ago when the transmission puked out cant complain i got it free and it held up to some abuse in its short ressurection period. But all that aside it is nearing tax time and since my transmission is out and as luck would have it i got a mazda given to me the other day so i have decided to tear her down and put this big stack of shiney new parts on and order the last few pieces of the puzzle gotta get the 383 wrapped up she might get some new heads if budget allows and of course my 700r4 will be rebuilt with a stronger gut frame suspension and full body paint job also if i dont get anxious to drive just gotta wait for a little nicer weather and slightly longer days (hate work lol) so for now at least its together and she runs
Happy rodding!!!!!(stay tuned the fun is about to begin)

[Entry #10]

11-11-2012 04:00 PM time time time
still havent worked on it since the last time i posted been busy, went to work on it today and discovered i need to shorten my driveshaft so i'll do that tomorrow at work and hopefully be driving it by tuesday.....happy rodding!!

[Entry #9]

10-29-2012 07:54 PM one small victory
starter swapped and i got the old girl fired up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a little brew goes a long way for the nerves lol HAPPY RODDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Entry #8]

10-29-2012 04:27 PM AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HATE MY DISORGINIZED WAYS!!!!! Ok so now i'm sure you want an explaination...... so with the freeeeeeking welded mounts, which by the way i didn't change since i'm on a time crunch and nothing was open in this nothing town lastnight (needed more bolts of course) I either have to use a small body starter or lift the motor off the mounts to change the starter due to frame rail clearance well with the flexplate on this 1 piece rms motor i only had the large body starter. I figured i was gonna be ok since i just rebuilt it and assumed it would last til i get the stroker in well guess what......I grabbed the wrong one the one that has a fried solenoid so guess what i get to do now. maybe this is why they say do it right the first time or you'll be doing it over, Hey at least i can say i got it in and WAS ready to fire it up GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! I need a match and some gasoline!!!!! joking of course maybe ill get it going sometime soon but for now i think i'll be walking to work tomorrow. Keep rodding folks but i'm not that happy right now! Time for some brewskis

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

10-29-2012 07:45 AM almost there......
Got the block and trans mounted last night. I got lucky and didnt have to move or modify the crossmember to get the 700r4 in like I was expecting to have to do but ran out of daylight and someone is too busy to fix my garage lighting not sure who to blame that one on..... It should be done today as work is out of the way for one day since i got preoccupied and didnt meet my time goals. Happy rodding fellers!!!!!!

[Entry #6]

Pages (2): [1] 2