Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 1941M's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 1941M's profile Entries: 12
Views: 1031
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

05-22-2013 01:43 PM https://www.facebook.com/pages/1941-Chev
visit my page for more photos

https://www.facebook.com/pages/1941-Chevy-Pickup-AK-Project/466461336755427?ref=tn_tnmn

[Entry #12]

11-17-2012 09:00 PM Couple more pictures from same weekend
My interior Dynamat is finally done!!.. oh I still have two rolls left, but that will do the doors.

In the second picture check out right and left fulton dogbone. Yep, I will have to restore the other one as well.

As for my dash Ive decided to paint it with Rysto-leum pain called “ Hammered “

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

11-17-2012 08:37 PM Baking paint on metal parts in …kitchen oven ! ( Fulton Visor )
So I’ve read up a little bit about baking paint onto metal surfaces/parts as it has many advantages of doing so. I just finished the process last night, and I ve returned this afternoon to find that paint is basically nicely baked onto the metal parts! it honestly feels as had as rock. I would definitely recommend it !!
This is how Ive done it:

First make sure your wife or girlfriend will not kill you for baking anything in the oven. Yes it smells and yea you have to keep the oven open for 60 minutes!…
After you last paint-coat wait 24 hours before baking process. Paint is somewhat dry BUT not cured, therefore it permeates with paint gases/chemicals. I suggest NOT baking on the same day…let the item airdry for 24 hours.
While your wife at work, preheat your kitchen oven to 235C, insert all parts and leave them in there for 60 minutes with oven door open. Once you timer hits 60 minutes, turn off the oven and leave the parts IN THE OVEN (as they are hot and sticky) util the cool down COMPLETELY. Again this is how I’ve done it for the best results. Yes, its perfectly safe to bake parts(metal parts!) for 60 minutes on 235C. Why is the oven open for 60 minutes? Well besides the fact that some parts were too big to fit in!? haha ….Well the way I look at it is that you definitely do not want to trap any chemical paint vapor or leave poison traces in your kitchen oven… Baking any paint will release light smoke! ;S Good luck!!

Make sure you do not cook any food in the oven until you hand clean it, and perform the ‘clean mode’ option on your appliance.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

11-14-2012 04:19 AM Dashboars, visor and side Rckr. Paint
Finally got to do the first coat, rust converter+ primer+ 1st. coast of matte.
My dash will actually be painted with ‘Rust-oleum Hammered’ paint. This will bring out that vintage look in most of the metal parts. I will post the pictures in the near future.
For now I am working on last coat of matte primer!. I leave 24 hours between coats.
As you see I am actually taking my time on this project. I figured I have until April 15 to finish the project! =)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

11-12-2012 08:59 PM Fulton Visor Pt 2
couple more pictures

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)