Ok, frame almost finished welding it, ran out of gas on my welder and I can't get down to get it filled for a couple of weeks. I included a close up of the front. The short story is I measured 1 1/8 inches from the front of the tubing frame rails on both sides. Then placed the pipe on the frame rails and made a half circle on the outside and inside. Keep in mind, I made the inside frame rail where I could weld a full 360 degrees and the outside is only 180 degrees. I'll post a final round of pictures once I get the gas and finish the welding. I can hardly wait.
Ok, several set backs. Didn't have oxygen/acetylene so had to use grinder and hack saw to get things cut but we at least got everything cut. Also had to buy a new welder, mine finally gave up. Found what appears to be a pretty good welder though and it's American made. Wow, who new! It was a little more expensive but it sure puts down a pretty weld.
I originally purchased this years ago and now we are putting this together. I started by taking out the 6 cylinder and wanted to replace it with a v8 but after I started looking at it closer, the frame was bent, no brakes on the front (fun to stop in a hurry) and the front end had bolts welded instead of the real setup. So I decided this was going to be more work than I could deal with at the time. We are now ready to make it right.