Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: azlogger's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View azlogger's profile Entries: 11
Views: 815
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

03-22-2013 10:59 AM Front suspension update
Well I've been busy with some other projects but i get a little time into the REAL project. Right now the front I-beams are fabricated and mounted in place with rubber mounts. The leaf springs have been cut and are mounted in there brackets. And the brackets are welded to a square tube crossmember. Still a few things to be done. Shackles still have to be fabricated and mounted in rubber leaf spring bushings. Some sort of four-link needs to be fabricated. Shock absorbers need to be mounted. and bump-stops above and below the I-beams.

[Entry #11]

02-09-2013 11:22 AM Back to the project
well i've been busy helping in my brother's pecan harvest but i'm finally back. since i've been back i built some supports for the floor and running boards, and i finally made it to a u-pull-it to get all the front suspension and steering components. now the fab shop guys told me it'll be next week before they cut the parts for my custom twin i-beams. so i'll be back to the front suspension sometime next week, is the plan.

[Entry #10]

12-17-2012 09:36 PM Slowly but surely
Had to go to work for a few days to get more money to pay for the project.:-) Now back home for a few days and then back to work for a few days. But while i've been home i got the rear shocks mounted, the axle bolted to the leaf springs (one of mounts broke so i will reinforce both and soon have the rear suspension completely done), and made the back bumper which doubles as the rear frame cross member.

[Entry #9]

12-08-2012 09:56 PM Slowly but surely
Here's a picture of how it looks right now.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

12-08-2012 06:57 PM Slowly but surely
I now have all the parts to finish my rear suspension, hope to get to the junk yard soon and the front suspension components. I plan to conduct a test on the neighbors 350, and if i like the results, i might just buy it. That will give me a little something to do...

[Entry #7]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3