Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: BruceKoukalaka's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View BruceKoukalaka's profile Entries: 7
Views: 989
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

09-06-2013 12:22 AM Getting it together.
Getting the beast put together on new frame

now to stand the cab up

Hang the doors, front fenders, and hood

After all this work I pushed it into the garage to continue with the small stuff, like welding the new body mount sub floor, dealing with the wiring, getting the front fuel tank back in place, and dealing with the clutch and brake master cylinders. I hate them under the hood, especially after I finish smoothing the firewall.
By the way I no longer own the $60.00 GMC sold it for $750

[Entry #7]

04-08-2013 11:13 PM The donor truck
I bought a 1990 F350 with the Navistar diesel and a 5 speed to back it up. I am planning on putting the R130 cab and box onto this frame and turning it into a hot rod hauler for my other toys. I was thinking about fixing the R130 with a 345 International engine but this deal was too sweet to pass up. The cab on this truck is in very sad shape, rusted floors and door posts so I think I'm doing the right thing.

This is what the F350 looks like right now!

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

03-25-2013 03:18 PM Ok things are getting a bit strange
Since my last post I have picked up another GMC (4X4 this time) and scrapped the '83. I paid $60.00 CDN. for a running truck . I kept the 350 out of the '83 just in case I need it for the 'Binder or some other project.

[Entry #5]

03-06-2013 06:00 PM Got a start on the brakes
Finally getting something done on the R130. Removed the clip, and front 6 lug hubs (Impossible to get custom rims for) in favor of a pair of hubs from an L110 (5 lug, same bolt pattern as Ford Ranger/Explorer and Crown Vic). I have started on a disc brake conversion for the old girl and will be looking for an Explorer rear end shortly to round out the wheels. I have fashioned a bracket to hold the caliper frame (again an Exploder part.)and built a junction box to join the disc brakes to the original style flex lines. I decided to keep them as I purchased these about a month before I found out how hard it would be to get original brake parts like drums and wheel cylinders for the old beauty. When I removed the front fenders I was actually surprised at how little rust there was behind them, all surface rust that will clean up with no trouble. The new master cylinder will be here next Friday, along with brake pads and possibly a rear end.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

01-30-2013 11:23 PM Tired of the game
I haven't had any luck locating parts or getting things done on either 'Binder since my last post. Bills keep coming in and the trucks keep getting pushed further into the background (much further back and they'll just be memories.) The only thing I've accomplished is getting the engine torn down from the R130 (the one with the box) and everything cleaned but I am at a standstill as finances and parts availability for this project are just not there. Between my wife and I we also have an '83 GMC high sierra (rust bucket), '01 Exploder, and an '04 Crapolier that all seem to take from my hobby. Tonight I feel like getting rid of every one of them except Sam's Crapolier, and maybe get a small truck (4X4Ranger) for me.

[Entry #3]

Pages (2): [1] 2