It's been a while since I added anything to this thread so here goes, Both Internationals are gone and in their place I have a 1962 Mercury Unibody which is residing in my barn awaiting spring so I can bring it to the drive shed and start the rebuilding. It came with a 223/3 on the tree and I have picked up a 360/4 speed to install ( hopefully I can get a 390 rotating assembly for it though) Before I moved it into its new home it sat in my front yard where I was unable to do much with it (we were living in town and the bylaws were not in hot rodder's favour). The front suspension is in need of bushings and kingpins which I purchased but haven't installed. I have a complete rebuild gasket kit also for the 360 when I go to do it.
Getting the beast put together on new frame
now to stand the cab up
Hang the doors, front fenders, and hood
After all this work I pushed it into the garage to continue with the small stuff, like welding the new body mount sub floor, dealing with the wiring, getting the front fuel tank back in place, and dealing with the clutch and brake master cylinders. I hate them under the hood, especially after I finish smoothing the firewall.
By the way I no longer own the $60.00 GMC sold it for $750
I bought a 1990 F350 with the Navistar diesel and a 5 speed to back it up. I am planning on putting the R130 cab and box onto this frame and turning it into a hot rod hauler for my other toys. I was thinking about fixing the R130 with a 345 International engine but this deal was too sweet to pass up. The cab on this truck is in very sad shape, rusted floors and door posts so I think I'm doing the right thing.
Finally getting something done on the R130. Removed the clip, and front 6 lug hubs (Impossible to get custom rims for) in favor of a pair of hubs from an L110 (5 lug, same bolt pattern as Ford Ranger/Explorer and Crown Vic). I have started on a disc brake conversion for the old girl and will be looking for an Explorer rear end shortly to round out the wheels. I have fashioned a bracket to hold the caliper frame (again an Exploder part.)and built a junction box to join the disc brakes to the original style flex lines. I decided to keep them as I purchased these about a month before I found out how hard it would be to get original brake parts like drums and wheel cylinders for the old beauty. When I removed the front fenders I was actually surprised at how little rust there was behind them, all surface rust that will clean up with no trouble. The new master cylinder will be here next Friday, along with brake pads and possibly a rear end.