Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Predator4's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Predator4's profile Entries: 28
Views: 3371
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6

12-31-2013 10:06 PM Sleeping with the Camaro
So what happens when you don't have enough rooms in the house to sleep all your guests?
Sleep with the Camaro.
We are now getting close to firing up the beast.
Jude is getting up close and personal with the Camaro and continues to paint everything in sight.
Power steering back in and we are now working on supplying fuel for the start up.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #28]

12-06-2013 08:38 PM More engine pictures
As mentioned in the previous entry the headers are now in place. Dizzy, plugs and new wires plus a left and right view of the engine.
I stripped the dizzy and replaced the weights and springs to better match the advance curve of the 280H cam. Also replaced the drive gear.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #27]

12-02-2013 10:36 PM Heart Transplant
The engine is coming together... New flex plate and 2500 stall converter. Intake manifold did not fit, we had to elongate the bolt holes. Header bolts don't line up so drill a larger hole. Thermostat hole I managed to strip the thread. Mmmm every thing is going well ish. Installed 1.6 ratio roller rockers. Fitted the Stud girdle. Fitted new rocker covers then the inlet manifold, 750cfm Slayer carb for desert.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #26]

11-06-2013 10:34 PM Doing the Dishes....No washing the Camaro
October...the weather is way better and a few more hours are being put in on the project. Jude wrestles with the steering column. The engine is sitting in place but not bolted in. Heads and intake are sitting in place with a couple of bolts to keep them in place and the valve covers are to keep the dust out. We have now checked the valve geometry and need longer push rods, so when they arrive we will finish the engine assembly. I fitted the front springs with out killing myself with the use of strapping/load locks, a neat trick learned from the internet, does this now mean I am expert?

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #25]

10-24-2013 12:36 AM Half An Engine
It always feels like progress is slow but the pictures tell a different story...I think. We bought some seat covers off ebay and Jude stripped the old covers off, rust proofed the frame and hog ringed the new covers in place. We are very happy with the result. Our good mate Bernie organized a drive of the Mustang. Converted to right hand drive for NZ. Very nice street ride, a 650hp super charged snake. Very grateful for the trust of the owner who we had just met and gave us the opportunity to taste the torque. (no he did not come for the ride) Next step was more work on putting the engine together.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #24]

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6