Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: cheifwaylocahones's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View cheifwaylocahones's profile Entries: 8
Views: 987
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

03-28-2016 03:27 AM 1968 Firebird Resto 8
More update shots. BMR subframe connectors, Spintech exhaust, seats, The interior w/o new seats installed, notice the carbon fiber effect on the dash and glove box.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

03-28-2016 03:13 AM 1968 Firebird Resto 7
Some of these photos are entered out of context timewise. Included the wheels are by Vintique. They are a copy of the original Rally II wheel although these are 15x8 and because they are chrome plated no need for beauty rings. The seats are by Scat (funny name, great seats) Also a shot of the exhaust system by Spintech. I had to re-route my fuel line with the addition of sub-frame connectors by BMR.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

03-28-2016 02:54 AM 1968 Firebird Resto 6
I found that it is much easier to install drivetrain into the subframe assy. Then just roll the subframe under the body, and install as a completed unit. Started and finished the removal, installation of rear tail panel. Actually wasn't as hard as I had first imagined it would be, and I'm very satisfied with the end results.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

03-28-2016 02:43 AM 1968 Firebird Resto 5
Been Awhile, Thought I would ad a few more entries as progression moves onward. (Actually these were taken 2 years ago, although I am today updating post to the site)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

08-15-2013 06:34 AM 1968 Firebird Resto 4
Decided to upgrade the front brake system to a more efficient Disc brake setup. Stainless Steel Brake Corporation (SSBC) Offers a complete upgrade kit for the early GM F-Body cars. The kit comes complete with everything needed to upgrade including 4 piston calipers, bearings, braided lines, spindles, master cylinder, booster, and adjustable proportioning valve for rear brakes. Easy to follow Instructions and goes together with no issues. Also the addition of Edelbrock Aluminum heads now installed on engine.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

Pages (2): [1] 2