So for a change of pace, against my will, bribed with a bag of cookies, I painted a plastic bumper. With some nasty paint that came apart every time I stopped mixing it. Thanks to everyone here helping me I was able to pull it off. I also bought a smaller up rite air compressor as I had an air issue. I tied the two compressors together. Then I find only the small one runs, and it keeps up. I guess all I needed was a storage tank. I set the small one up so it runs backup to the big one. When I open the air right up, I cannot run the system out of air no matter how hard I try. Once both compressors are on I cannot get the air pressure below 98psi no matter how long i use anything.
Be the door. I had to make one custom hinge mount as the hinge was bent a bit. Some prying and a home made porta power and I was *the door*. Some tweaking will be required when the weather stripping goes on I am sure.
Doors, they fit, they fit once and they will fit again. I had the doors fitting 100 %. Then I rebuilt the hinges. *note* Do the hinges, then fit the doors. I fall into the boy category by doing the hinges last. I can fix this, I just have a lot of extra work ahead of me. Passenger door fits nice, bit of adjusting needed.
But the drivers had a bad hinge pin. I didn't catch it until after I welded and test fit the doors, cowls and pillar. My bad. Funny thing is I rocked that door hard looking for hinge play, found none, I just did the hinges because I was missing the springs. Then I found the pin. DOH!
I got the hinges finished up. The urethane covered by scratches so well I went straight to paint. But I cuffed the outside of the doors by dragging the hose all over it. I did plan on guide coating and re prime ring the outside anyway before colour.