Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: CraigK's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View CraigK's profile Entries: 22
Views: 1173
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5

03-29-2014 06:13 PM For a change of pace
So for a change of pace, against my will, bribed with a bag of cookies, I painted a plastic bumper. With some nasty paint that came apart every time I stopped mixing it. Thanks to everyone here helping me I was able to pull it off. I also bought a smaller up rite air compressor as I had an air issue. I tied the two compressors together. Then I find only the small one runs, and it keeps up. I guess all I needed was a storage tank. I set the small one up so it runs backup to the big one. When I open the air right up, I cannot run the system out of air no matter how hard I try. Once both compressors are on I cannot get the air pressure below 98psi no matter how long i use anything.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #22]

03-23-2014 05:46 PM Be the door Be the door
Be the door. I had to make one custom hinge mount as the hinge was bent a bit. Some prying and a home made porta power and I was *the door*. Some tweaking will be required when the weather stripping goes on I am sure.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #21]

03-17-2014 10:33 PM Doors, how tell the men from the boys. Give them doors.
Doors, they fit, they fit once and they will fit again. I had the doors fitting 100 %. Then I rebuilt the hinges. *note* Do the hinges, then fit the doors. I fall into the boy category by doing the hinges last. I can fix this, I just have a lot of extra work ahead of me. Passenger door fits nice, bit of adjusting needed.
But the drivers had a bad hinge pin. I didn't catch it until after I welded and test fit the doors, cowls and pillar. My bad. Funny thing is I rocked that door hard looking for hinge play, found none, I just did the hinges because I was missing the springs. Then I found the pin. DOH!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #20]

02-21-2014 09:52 PM Painting the doors
I got the hinges finished up. The urethane covered by scratches so well I went straight to paint. But I cuffed the outside of the doors by dragging the hose all over it. I did plan on guide coating and re prime ring the outside anyway before colour.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #19]

02-20-2014 04:05 PM Hinge Work
Time to do the hinges. These doors are going to be classic!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #18]

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5