Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: classic_chevy_guy's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View classic_chevy_guy's profile Entries: 1
Views: 1069
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

04-22-2005 10:39 PM My 81 Silverado(SourApple)
So far Ive managed to take the bed off, remove the stock gas tank, remove the tranny with a cracked bellhousing and driveshaft, remove the rear crossmembers to make way for my new gas tank, completly strip the interior of everything except the sun visors and drivers side door panel, and as for the improvements ive managed to start: build a seat bracket for the drivers side racing seat i got from jegs, insulate the cab, build the custom hemispherical dash, order a gauge bezel from NoLimit Engineering, order a steering column from Flaming river, order a polished aluminuim column drop and firewall swivel from Billet Specialties, order some new carpet, order a gas pedal from Lokar, get a new gas tank that im gonna put a custom sump in, and buy a replacement TH-350 which im hoping 2 eventually switch out for a 6 speed from a Camaro or Firebird/ TransAm. Theres still a lot more work 2 do and a lot more $$$ to get to finish gettin the parts, but hopefully it'll be a bada$$ project that i and everyone else will love 2 see finished. I dont have any pics to upload just yet but im workin on gettin those pretty soon. And just in case all of you were wondering, the name of the project is SourApple cause im paintin it a sour apple green, and when i finish the project, well sour apple should explain itself.

[Entry #1]