after i sanded some more bondo of the skirts i saw that there was more rust and holes that were being covered up with bondo. so i cut our a large square section and made my self a new one. it only had a small amount of curve to it so it wasn't too hard. the hard part was forming the lower lip while keeping the curve.
the EWheel that is. this whole time i've been waiting for my frame pieces to be cut and they finally got in. im going to sand the frame and put a black oxide coting next week and im not sure what im going to do for a handle on the screw (to raise and lower the dies) but im happy for now. the last picture is to show that the upper and lower wheel are perfectly aligned.
i just made some templates out of cardboard, shaped them to have the same contour as the hood and welded them on. the hardest part is trying to weld to that old metal, it seems like it might be easier to just replace that whole thing...maybe when i finish my Ewheel (next weekend)
done for the day but im still going to make it better