Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: hduff's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View hduff's profile Entries: 37
Views: 3710
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

10-28-2014 03:54 PM Start 'em Young
Enjoying the final 81 degree sunny day of the year, the '39 Plymouth was running well enough to give my 5yo granddaughter her first ride in the hotrod. She had a blast.

[Entry #37]

10-28-2014 03:49 PM Some Equipment Repair
We've made enough headway on the shop itself and the cars so that we had some time to pay attention to the equipment.

The Benwil BW9 lift's rubber lift pads were in terrible shape.

For $40, I had new pads in just a few days.

[Entry #36]

10-28-2014 03:48 PM Amped Up
I recently upgraded the AC/Delco alternator on my '37 Plymouth from an 87-amp stock model to a 105-amp unit modified unit. Performance improved markedly, but I still had a fair amount of roughness at idle.

By chance, I stumbled across this tag while looking for some unrelated info in my accumulated paperwork concerning the car.

Wow! I had no idea that the original alternator was rated so high. It turns out that the number 67294 on the tag is the model umber of the alternator originally installed in the car; it has a Street & Performance pulley kit and wiring harness for the 1994 Corvette LT-1.

I checked, and a new 67294 fully polished alternator is available for $244! I asked if a less expensive alternative were available, and the excellent Customer Service rep steered me to a natural-finished unit for $150.

Even better, I found a reman unit at Amazon for only $90 and it will be here by Friday.

[Entry #35]

10-27-2014 10:25 AM 39 Plymouth
We thought we were through for now with the 39 Plymouth and had enough time to enjoy a drive with the top down.

Unfortunately, corrosion in the cooling system had other ideas.

I've contacted Vintage Air for a replacement part.

[Entry #34]

10-22-2014 08:33 PM Moved the Cars
Matt and I have been doing much work on the shop itself and are finally at a point where we can works on the cars in earnest.

The first step was to swap places with the '54 Desoto (non-running) and the '39 Plymouth (barely running) so cars could be moved in and out of the shop.

It was also an opportunity to move them outside to wash them so they could be protected from now on by car covers.

As well, it was nice to see the shop with fewer cars, if only for a few minutes.

Waiting on a re-manufactured starter solenoid. It's been three months so far . . .

The carb re-build kit came to day. We re-build the 454's Edelbrock/Webber carb tomorrow, bolt down the front seat and take it for some new front tires and that should be it!

[Entry #33]

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8