Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Cole's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Cole's profile Entries: 85
Views: 27857
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (17): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

12-10-2014 09:37 PM Added a 66 Corvette to project list
I still have my 1968 Camaro SS convertible but saw this car and well the rest you can probably figure out.
So this car is in A LOT better shape than any other project I have ever had before. This is my 1966 Corvette Stingray convertible 327/350 with a manual 4 speed. It's pretty much stock but there are a few things I am going to do right off the bat. It has 4 wheel disk brakes but no vacuum power assist so that has been ordered. There is also no power steering so that has been ordered too and should be here is 2 weeks. Obviously the first thing we will be seeing in this project will be those 2 add-ons.
The little woman thinks I have lost my mind working on 2 projects at the same time but all I can say is let's see how it goes. I still LOVE the Camaro and will be doing some work on her this weekend doing lead work and prepping the body for final paint!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #85]

11-19-2014 07:35 PM One side down and one to go
Finished the passenger side strip, sand and primer. Now on to the drivers side. I am putting a lot of prep work into the car and I hope to be rewarded with an outstanding paint job. The passenger door had a pretty sloppy repair done in the lower front corner so I cut it out and fixed it properly.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #84]

10-23-2014 02:42 PM Slinging lead!
Filling the quarter repair with lead. Used a 70/30 mix lead/tin mix. Stripping the rest of the paint off the car. This is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. Stripping the front fenders tonight when I get home from work..

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #83]

08-21-2014 10:22 PM Stripping it down Music please!
So I am taking it all down to the bare metal,The car that is! Here is the hood and the door. This is a lot more work than I expected! Using Airframe paint remover (not sanding) and it's still tough to do. This is hard work, I have a lot of respect for auto body guys!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #82]

02-17-2014 02:00 PM 1968 camaro SS Clutch build
Well I am WAY behind on updating my page so here we go. Decided to pull the front end off so I would adjust the doors and in the process decided to pull the drive train so I could install a new RAM clutch.
I am not putting out 500 HP so obviously not doing a double clutch. Also installing a new speedo gear and bullet as the old one was causing the cable to slip from time to time. Inspected the front end for any issue since the rebuild and the only thing I found is a upper control arm stop bumper that came off the mounting stud so ordered a new one.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #81]

Pages (17): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17