Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: risaacp's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View risaacp's profile Entries: 271
Views: 140965
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (55): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

10-21-2007 06:58 PM Check it out
WHEE HAW!!!!! I made it in the Good Guys magizine. I sent pictures in and some narative and they gave me a whole page in Weekend Wrenchin. Needless to say, Im jazzed.


(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #271]

05-24-2007 08:54 PM New console
And finally the paint and installation. It all worked out pretty well. There was some gapping were the console met the carpet so I had my upholstery guy cover some wind lace for me out of the blue vinyl I used on the interior. I installed it on the bottom and finished up installing the a/c vents and radio.. Now I just have to reinstall the shifter and seats.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #270]

05-24-2007 08:43 PM New console
Next was the body work you might say. I used some glazing putty to fill all the pinhole in the welded areas and some low spots for warpage that occurred during welding. Then I layed on a couple of coats of urethane primer and blocked it flat. You can also see front speaker pods which I am going to paint blue. They will be mounted on the kick panels.



(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #269]

05-24-2007 08:38 PM New console
After all the fitting was done I welded it all together and added some bracing in the back to make it rigid. Then I ground down all the corners and smoothed it all up. Next came the cutting of the holes and then finally fitting it under the dash. The last part took quite a while. I started with a cardboard pattern of the console and began cutting it to fit around the heater/ a/c unit. Then transfered it to the real console and cut it out with a saber saw. After lots of trimming it finally fit the way I wanted.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #268]

05-24-2007 08:33 PM New console for stereo and a/c vents
A new console was in order because the radio would not fit in the glove box as I had originally planned. First I made a pattern of how I wanted the front to be shaped and then cut it out of 20 guage steel. Then I took it to a fab shop and had the sides rolled to fit the shape of the front. After I got the pieces home I made some final adjustments and got it all fit together and ready to weld.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #267]

Pages (55): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.