Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: blacklotus's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View blacklotus's profile Entries: 37
Views: 6912
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

10-04-2007 07:59 AM Wiring begins
I am using a Painless Harness and even though it is straight forward and surprisingly easy, it is still a bit overwhelming, but one wire at a time.

This is the voltage regulator and Maxi fuse (50amp) and all the alternator connections.

One more wire and can make the fuse block hot, I want to get it to the point of cranking it over

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #37]

10-04-2007 07:55 AM Nasty Nasty
If you were ever wondering what the inside of your water passages looked like after an engine sits up with water in it, these are good pics

I was changing the thermostat out to a lower temp and looked down in there. There was rust and nasty looking water so I took my shop vac and sucked it out and then blew it out.

I will flush it out when I get to the point of running it, hopefully soon

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #36]

08-16-2006 12:30 PM Wiring
This the start of my wiring blues, I hope to make it as neat as possible under the hood. Nothing earks me more than a good looking vehicle with a spider web under the hood.

The second picture is under the passenger side dash most of this will be covered with insulation and tied in with a harness.

I may try some short pieces of loom on the coil wires around the connectors

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #35]

07-30-2006 09:26 PM Mounting the cab
Me and a buddy the guy in the pic mounted the cab with the help of some sawhorses and a little muscle, not to bad. I need to to do some touch up on the bottom and rear but all in all it worked out fine

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #34]

07-30-2006 09:22 PM Starting the paint
I primed the cab with a 2K primer then shot the firewall, bottom and the door jambs with color and clear. this paint worked great and was easy to put on.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #33]

Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8