Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: BuickLeSabre1960's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View BuickLeSabre1960's profile Entries: 34
Views: 7467
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

12-06-2005 09:47 PM Flamethrower trial
I did a test on for the Buicks Flamethrowers. Check it out here:

http://hotrodders.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/18561/cat/500/page/1

This was more or less just to see how well the Model T coil did igniting the exhaust. I did this the old fashioned way by choking the engine which I won't do with the rebuilt engine when I put it in because it is bad for the engine doing it that way, washes down the cylinders with gas and destablizes the oil ruining it's lubricating properties. It's going to be injected with kerosene when it's finished.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #34]

08-11-2005 04:33 PM Flamethrower progress
I've made some progress in aquiring the necessary parts to install the flame throwers on my car. I originally was going to do the ignition part of it by using a SPDT relay and wiring it with a capacitor so it would open and collapse the feild for the coil but I decided to do it another more interesting way. I got two pair of old model t "buzz box" coils and I am going to use those instead, they replace the relay and the coil plus they are more interesting. So now I still need to get a fuel pump,tank,solenoids, injectors and install it all.

[Entry #33]

08-11-2005 04:15 PM Drip rail moulding instalation
I finally got the drip rail moulding put in place, I don't have pictures of it yet though. The owner before me had filled it in I guess to give it a shaved look but there is a piece on the knee knocker that makes it impossible to do so unless you make a custom piece, so I got it installed and did a little primering on the roof so it looks alot better.

[Entry #32]

05-27-2005 06:20 PM Floor Pan pictures
Here are some before and after pics of the floor pan. The under the metal on the before picture is a big hole

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #31]

05-04-2005 09:19 PM Update on the pinstriping
Here's what else I've done on the decklid project

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #30]

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7