Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: fourbyfourblazer's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View fourbyfourblazer's profile Entries: 7
Views: 2421
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

09-01-2004 10:25 AM Dash Removal
I didn't like the stock gauges behind the billet dash so I removed the dash and now i'm installing Autometer Ultra-Lite water, oil, volts, fuel, speedometer and tachometer gauges into the billet panel. Need to purchase dash from LMC before I can reinstall.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

08-07-2004 08:31 PM Herculiner do-it-yourself bed liner
03/16/2003
Purchased Herculiner do-it-yourself brush-on bed liner kit at Kragen Auto Parts in Arleta, Ca. for $97 with tax. This is one of the modifications that I highly recommend. I've applied it to the front floor pan and i'm very impressed with the results Dry to the touch with in 3 hours and the next day I tried picking it off with my nails and it doesn't come off. Really nice glossy black texture that looks like it was done by a pro. All you have to do is clean out the cab, wash the floor with soapy water, sand paper, solvent cleaner and then apply with the sponge roller. Buy a paint tray and rubber gloves and even possilbly a respirator but i didn't use one and i'm still breathing. Just take some breaks by walking away evey few minutes so you get some fresh air in your lungs and you shouldn't stumble much after your done. Kit comes with 1 gallon of Polyurethane coating, two sponge rollers, handle, can opener, scuff pad and instructions. Instructions will tell you to purchase a solvent such as MEK or equivalant so becareful because that stuff will kill you just from inhaling it too long. I'm considering doing the bed of the truck as well instead of going to a shop and having them spray it on. I want quality and this product made by Herculiner is as good as it gets. Just make sure you don't cut corners.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

07-23-2004 07:12 PM blazer rear axle update
05/12/03 GM 12bolt serviced by Hoopers Rear End Exchange in Sun Valley, Ca., $135 for setup and outter bearings. Replaced broken pinion with Motive Gear 3.73:1 ring & pinion & bearing kit $275 I purchased from 4 Wheel Parts Performance Center in North Hills, Ca.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

07-22-2004 10:46 PM blazer interior mod's
03/08/03 Smitty Roll Bar kit BL84 and BL478 (style Y) purchased for $313.20 Installed rear interior bar

03/16/03 Applied Herculiner do it yourself kit to floor board and bed of truck, Installed Corbeau seat brackets and seats. Purchased new Grant Steering wheel part #1760 for $84.99 and installation kit part# 3196 for $15.99

04/02/03
Xcelerated Performance Billet Instrument Panel $113.45 Part# 78001 and Dash Insert $51.11 Part #78021 from Xcelerated Performance in Phoenix, AZ

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

07-22-2004 09:59 PM before doing any work inside
Seat is bolted to 1/4" angled aluminum that rocked back and forth. One small accident and it would definitly break.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

Pages (2): [1] 2