Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Canadian Charlie's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Canadian Charlie's profile Entries: 84
Views: 18352
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (17): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

12-31-2006 11:48 AM New Air Line Part 2
Its all done now and happy to say there are no leakes in the system. On the working side of my garage I have a coil hose in the middle of the shop so the hose can go anywhere 25 feet up one way or 25 feet down the other. Plus I put a quick connector by the garage door just in case I need to do something in my drive way and another quick connector at the back of the garage. On the non working side I added another hose coil in the middle as not to scratch my truck. All exit points have drain valves

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #84]

12-31-2006 11:39 AM New Air Line
I was getting pretty pissed off every time I used an air tool in my garage lately. Turn on the compressor, unravell 60 feet of air hose, almost trip over it every 20 minutes and then having to roll it back up again at the end of the day.

Then I decided to buy the materials and pipe my own hard line and make my garage a little better looking and safer. I was told to use the new PCV pipe which is very strong, got some T fittings, shut off valves, hose connectors and anything else I needed.

The second pic shows the metal tube that goes into the PCV pipe after you cut it off. Just push the hose into a connector and tighten by hand

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #83]

05-02-2006 12:20 PM Reworked Header Tube Part 2
Here is the final results and pics of the plug in place with plenty of room. No more with less than 5mm of clearance

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #82]

05-02-2006 12:17 PM Reworked Header Tube
Well last week I noticed that my number 8 spark plug was way to close to the header tube, so I had to remove the starter and then the header to shape it into place. Cut a 1" section out of the tube and then heated it up to move the tube lower.

First pic is the header in my Work-mate ready to be cut

Second pic is what an angle grinder can do

Third pic is the final cut before I grinded down the rough ends

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #81]

04-23-2006 01:42 PM Removing Inner Valve Springs
So Comp Cams recommends that you have to remove the inner springs so you can break in a new cam. The procedure takes a good afternoon just to remove them and another one to put them back in.

I hate it

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #80]

Pages (17): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17