Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 85Sierra's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 85Sierra's profile Entries: 4
Views: 734
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

04-05-2005 08:16 PM Future Plans
Well after going to the local drags and seeing guys i know run there daily driven street cars i really want to get into that and having the smogged 305 my options are fairly limited so......

A parts el camino we bought had a transplanted 400 in there so that was the starting point
Its now been bored 30 over to displace 406 ci, it has flat top speed pro pistons, a crower cam , its got brand new everything pretty much i just need to finish paying for it and do some minor things before i get to play with it

I also bought a early bronco 9" that is going in as soon as the 7 5/8" gives way, and the good thing is that the current rear end is 57 3/4" and the 9" is 58"WMS so that is good

Now for the tranny what im planning on doing is getting a th350 and having it rebuilt with a shift kit so when the stock ones goes i have that one going right in after it

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

04-05-2005 08:06 PM Random Pictures
Here are some random pics of the car after it was painted in our spray booth, the second pics is of my brothers 283 in his elky and the last if just random after we installed the intake

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

04-05-2005 08:00 PM Motor
Well the car came factory with the 305 LG4 150hp or so but it was bagged i dont remember the mileage but it was so bagged that it couldn't even pull a brakestand with no rear brakes.
So we tore it down replaced all the bearings added the Rv cam and put it back together and put a reman q-jet on there .

Over time and having a job i added some stuff to it Intake, Headers, dual exhaust chrome goodies...

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

04-05-2005 07:46 PM My First car, 1981 GMC Caballero Diablo
Well my dad always wanted an el camino for the longest time and we knew a guy that had 2 of them 81's so we bought the first to restore here are some randoms pics through the resto

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]