Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: hunt101's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View hunt101's profile Entries: 5
Views: 830
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

06-04-2006 10:11 PM Adding some tunes
Since I'm one of those people that are listening to music at all times. I had to have a pretty nice system. The only thing I dont like about my set up is I didnt do a good job cutting out the dash. I had to make the hole a little big to be able to mount the cd player at the max 30 degrees that is recommended. Soon I plan to go back and try to clean up the cd player installation because I just think it looks really bad. Otherwise, I mounted 2 pioneer 6x9s in modified air vent openings in the kickpanels. I have 2 more Infinity 6x9s in the trunk. On the low end I have 2 ascendant assassin 10s in a ported box mounted in the trunk under the rear deck. The cd player is a Clarion hu and powering the subs is a jenson 300w amp (for now). The overall sound is nice and clear but if you want to get LOUD it bumps pretty good.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

06-04-2006 09:59 PM Exterior update
I havnt really done much work to the exterior recently. A few little dings from regular use as a daily driver and a little damage to the bottom of the passenger side after running into a ditch (I dont want to talk about it). I found some SS hubcaps that I think are from a '65 for $50. Other than that just a lot of cleaning and polishing to make the car presentable.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

06-04-2006 09:50 PM Serious update (engine)
Well I havnt been keeping up with my project journal at all but I'm going to try to start again. I've done a lot of motor work and It is running like a champ. I put some heddman hedders, '77 HEI ignition with 8mm wires, new alternater, a slightly bigger mystery "fireball" cam, new pushrods and lifters, and a few visual doo dads to clean things up. I'm guessing I'm pushing around 200hp now (stock was 160). The car runs pretty good for what it is and the small amount of work done. High 16s maybe low 17s would be my guess but I plan to take it to the strip sometime this summer. Top speed is around 100mph. Having powerglide with low gears absolutly kills my gas mileage and I get 11-12 running 93 octane chevron. Ill put a few new pictures of the engine up tomorrow.

[Entry #3]

03-30-2005 05:56 PM oooohh new parts
got an preformer intake manifold and a holley 1850 carb. The 283 is starting to look pretty sweet. I also cleaned up the valve covers and painted the ac bracket.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

03-30-2005 05:46 PM number 1
62 Impala for 1600. great condition for the money. I even got it running on haly the cylinders.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]