Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: jt50583's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View jt50583's profile Entries: 75
Views: 17200
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (15): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

01-30-2016 09:52 PM 351W Stroker
Moving across the country and spending the last 3 years building our log home has prevented much in terms of progress on my dream car. It's been bothering me to no end having the car sit in my garage looking so good just sitting there but still not drivable. In our first year of the move however, i tracked down an engine builder in Mississauga, Ontario and managed at least to get an engine under the hood and a 4 speed top loader under the floor.

The 351 Windsor block now has a displacement stroked to 406. I'm told the engine should be making upwards of 500+ horsepower. What the reality is frankly is of little consequence to me as it will likely be more than I can ever transfer to the pavement, but I sure like knowing the potential is there ;-)

The heads are AFR 1420's, Edelbrock intake, Moroso oil pan, Eagle crankshaft, AED Holley 750 double pumper carb, MSD distributor & ignition, CV starter, CentreForce clutch.

I'm currently wintering in Florida spending much time contemplating what work and $'s remain in order to finish the car. The interior in it's entirety needs to be completed along with the wiring. Beyond that are fuel and brake lines, the exhaust, water pump, radiator and fan/shroud. (actually there is about a page and a half of individual larger and smaller jobs that remain. I won't bore you with my entire list but hopefully some day soon I can reference their completion here with photos that hopefully add value for anyone who might be planning on doing this same work on their car. I hope to drive it before I'm 90 but who knows.

I'm adding a few photo's of the engine however these are now 3 years old.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #75]

03-30-2012 07:37 PM few more
A sunny day would have made that paint gleam!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #74]

03-30-2012 07:33 PM Loading into my trailer
Wish it was sunny

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #73]

03-28-2012 11:29 AM bumpers, louvers and more
Now returned from paint, the bumpers have been installed, spoilers, louvers and Mach 1 striping.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #72]

02-16-2012 08:37 PM Hood installed and painted
I took some more photo's at the body shop after the hood was installed.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #71]

Pages (15): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15