Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: bmar's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View bmar's profile Entries: 103
Views: 11639
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (21): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

11-04-2015 12:11 AM 1992 Bonneville
The brakes went out on my Bonneville, that I have owned for years, and I just parked it until I had time to work on it. The time came a few weeks ago and the repaired only took about two minutes. The troubleshooting took a little longer than two minutes, however. The peddle would go right to the floor when the brakes were applied and I figured a bad master cylinder. I did the usual checks of the booster and master cylinder and everything seemed ok. Scratched my head and said...I wonder. Dropped down the fuse panel under the steering wheel and pulled out the fuse for the ABS and started the engine. You guessed it, the brakes work fine now. Two minute repair after 30 minutes of troubleshooting because I could care less if the ABS works, since I can pump my own brakes on an icy road. It is nice when a repair is this easy.

[Entry #103]

10-22-2015 08:08 AM More on the shed/trailer
Started on the conversion of my shed into a trailer yesterday. I need to install the tongue and hitch in the center of the shed but there is a support right there. I figured I could jack up the shed enough to move the support off to one side. I got out my 3 ton floor jack and pushed it under the shed and started jacking up the shed. The jack just sank into the ground. I found a short 2x6 and placed it under the jack which stopped the jack from sinking. It was all the jack could do to lift the shed enough to move the supports.
There have been a lot of tools, lumber, tires etc. etc. hauled in there over the years, plus work benches and cabinets,to where I can't even work on the shed until I move a lot of my....treasures..... out of there. Just emptying out the shed is going to be quite the undertaking. My back hurts just thinking about it....

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #102]

10-18-2015 12:33 PM Big Horn Sheep
We were driving up the Kootenai River rd on our way to Quarts Creek road and came across some rams on their way to the river to get a drink before bedding down for the night. The rams are running together and the ewes are further down the road at Big Horn Terrace. It isn't to common to see the rams, but the ewes are a common sight.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #101]

10-14-2015 07:49 PM Automotive related
Thought I would try something I haven't done in a while and write about something that related to HotRodders....My 1957 Chevy pickup. Finally had a little time to try and see how well the fan shroud would fit around the fan, and it didn't. I need to make the hole bigger. This shroud has been sitting on the top of the engine for 3 or 4 months now. I will take it over to the semi-pubic, hopefully not running into any know it all's, and make the hole bigger. Once it fits, then I need to practice my TIG welding which I haven't tried for over a year now. There was a MIG welder set up for aluminum and maybe I will give this a try. My MIG welding has not looked all that great either since I haven't MIG welding very much in the last year. I will post some pictures when it is done, but no telling when this will be because I have a 1992 Pontiac Bonneville with brakes that have gone out.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #100]

10-13-2015 11:54 PM Freddie Mac
The realtor called this evening and said the seller, Freddie Mac, was giving me 24 hours to get my ducks in a row or they would drop me from the list of candidates. The ducks being the loan paper work. Not a problem, of course, to get a lending institution to expedite the paper work and get everything ready in 24 hours. All this just to prevent being dropped, not accepted, but dropped from consideration.
The realtor was a really nice guy and the mortgage company, United Veterans, have been just about as nice as I have ever dealt with, and I have dealt with a lot of realtors and mortgage houses. Maybe the show still isn't over quite yet for this house, but it sure looks that way......

[Entry #99]

Pages (21): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21