Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: bmar's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View bmar's profile Entries: 110
Views: 13345
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (22): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

06-15-2017 09:19 PM stereo and power amp
The heater is installed now and hooked up to the radiator. Everything seems to be working fine and I have now moved on to the stereo and power amp.
I used the other center console bracket from a 1995
Gmc jimmy that I was putting into my truck... until I got a rod knock in my 1995 Chevy blazer. The blazer has, or had, leather seats in grey which I liked better.

Here are some pictures of the stereo and the power amp install. The bezel on the stereo was cut on a plasmacam that I have access to.

There is also a few pictures of some doors I got a hold of off a 1957 C6500. I had to weld patches in the bottom of the doors and the driver side door has been sprung at some time in the past and needs repairs from a really bad weld job.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #110]

06-09-2017 04:41 PM The doors
Pictures of the old doors.
There is the usual rust in the bottom of the door and I have cut out the rusted parts...most of the bottom. The driver side door has been bent somehow on the lower pocket. I'm not sure how the pocket got bent so bad without denting any of the outer door panel

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #109]

06-09-2017 04:28 PM Better doors
I came across a 1957 Chevy C6500 that I did some trading for, The cab, doors, fender skirts and hood are the same with different fenders.
The doors I was using came off of a 1955 that had been rolled on a snowy road. They weren't all smashed up, but bent and dented. On top of this, I tried to install the power windows into these doors without much success..they were beat up.
Here are some pictures of the new to me doors off the C6500.
The passenger side door is in the best condition of the two, which works out great because my worse door was the passenger side since this is the side the truck rolled on.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #108]

05-28-2017 07:19 PM Carpet
I have a rod knock in my blazer and I have been removing parts and installing them into my 1957 pickup... Here is the carpet and the center console. The overhead console is the electronics from the Blazer installed into another console, the two units were almost the same and only required a little filing and fitting to get it installed.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #107]

05-26-2017 01:43 PM overhead console and sunvisors
Here are the pictures of the visors and also the overhead console. I also included some pictures of the plate I made for where the steering column passes through the firewall. Also a picture of the heater plate now that the welds are cleaned up and the plate painted.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #106]

Pages (22): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22