Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: powerrodsmike's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View powerrodsmike's profile Entries: 10
Views: 5512
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

08-18-2006 09:38 AM Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
68 chrysler Imperial Crown coupe.

1) Too fat to fly
2) Shockwave
3) Rollin on DUBS, mang

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

08-18-2006 09:04 AM did it work?
Well that's a good question. After all that, the radiator was finally installed by one of the members of the historical society a mere 4 days before the July Fourth parade.......and they found another problem....a giant crack in the back cylinder's outer water jacket. Needless to say, It stayed in the barn.

By the way, I lost all of my process pics after the shell came off the mill. I put a new card in my camera and took a bunch of pics and everything was fine until I tried to load them on my computer.
The card never did give up the pics... Phil Laurson was kind enough to let me take the radiator off, dissassemble it and take pics
Here is that crack, It looks like a freeze crack to me. And here's a couple more pics of the 1014 cubic inch Seagraves motor. it has dual plugged heads, dual UNDER head cams, a distributer, a magneto, and an aluminum intake with an updraft stromberg! There are some little cups on the sides of each cylinder that are prime cups..you put a little gas in each one before you start it. I believe that the redline on this monster is1500 RPM. I looked through all the literature but could find no HP rating.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

08-18-2006 02:53 AM little details
here is some detail views of the brackets and install.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

08-18-2006 02:49 AM Radiator
I had my radiator guy swap the side straps from side to side, then I made a flange to bolt the bracket on. I selected the radiator out of a modine master catalog that I begged off of the radiator supply. I looked for a dimensional match in the picture section. The fit was so close that I had to beat the corners of the side straps in to get it in. I had to make some new fittings from copper plumbing to get the inlet and outlet where it needed to be. The filler is now inside the shell. I also added a bung for a temp sensor/switch in case they want to put some electric fans on it and ditch the mechanical one.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

08-18-2006 02:40 AM bracing
I made an inner and outer reinforcing brace to hold the radiator shell and radiator together. There is a tab that attaches to the radiator support rod and a tab that goes up into the old filler neck, just in case the solder goes away on the upper tank remnant that is my mount. Then I made a bracket out of 1"x!" square tubing and some 1/4" x 1 1/2 flatbar to bolt to the radiator. The little hook looking things on the plates at the upper corners are the hood hooks. You set the edges of the hood side panels in them when the hood is open.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

Pages (2): [1] 2