Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Bill Cutting's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Bill Cutting's profile Entries: 16
Views: 1386
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4

11-05-2012 01:29 PM New cardboard Body
Put some cardboard over the frame to see how the body panels will be fit up. Needed to check the
appearance of the whole rear section. I'm thinking the raised section should be a great place to mount a mini dashoard, as long as the room isn't needed for knees getting in and out- What do you folks think???

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #16]

10-09-2012 07:48 AM Front Engine Dragster
Made some changes- used a different rear axle housing, I wanted one with round tubes, because its looks better, and is easier to mount up. Going to try to use just one U-joint, so the alignment betwween
the diff and the trans needs to be right on. Once the alignment is complete, I will build a new midplate
out of 1/8" steel, and build the the tabs to mount it to the frame.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

08-29-2012 07:08 AM dragster progress
Bent up some new tubes for the rear half. Had to make a bunch of minor bends to get the large
radius required, about every three inches. The outside measurements are 24 inches, and that will go to
the front of the engine bay area, and then taper inward. Wheelbase should end up at 145 inches, which is short, but I'm extending it 30 inches more than it was already !!!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #14]

06-13-2012 06:30 AM 58 Vette Gasser
Making the rear crossmember for the coilover mounting. Second try, so it ought to work this time--
Need to narrow rear axle to center pinion shaft in chassis, need to romove 2 1/4 " from left side tube.
Will need to get a new axle made as well, or get new splines cut in my old one. Axle was orginally
56 inches flange to flange, so it will be 53 3/4" now, so the Mickey Thompson Pro's will tuck in better.
They will still hang out of the wheel openings some.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #13]

06-08-2012 05:20 AM more mounting done
Got the trans mount, and the midplate started going in- and I think that they will work out well.
Getting ready to put the rear mounts for the diff in, and am wondering about redoing the uprights
to make it look better. Will need to upgade the cage parts anyway, so it is not much more to make
it look a whole bunch better.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4