Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 60tbirdrick's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 60tbirdrick's profile Entries: 6
Views: 1661
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

06-01-2008 04:02 PM The dash
Got the dash painted and installed. I filled in the hole for the raido but left the holes for the knobs. The knob on the right is a pull type ignition switch and the knob on the left is the light switch.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

10-29-2007 02:38 PM The dash
This is the 56 Ford dash. I had to cut the back off both the original and the 56 dash so I could weld the back of the original to the 56 because the contour was way off. I also had to cut two inches off the left side and fabricate a two inch piece for the right side because the steering column mount wasn't in the right location. I also had to notch out the area where the steering column does because I am using an IDIDIT tilt column and it wouldn't fit up into the opening. Now I can mount the steering column and finish up the firewall.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

10-29-2007 02:29 PM The firewall and dash
The holes and openings in the firewall are almost finished. I have a few more small ones to weld up, fill and sand. I couldn't close up the opening where the steering column goes because I have to see where the column will sit with the dash bolted up.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

10-18-2007 12:21 PM Fitting the box
Here is a view from inside the car.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

10-18-2007 12:16 PM Fitting the box
10/18/07
I had to notch out the top of the frame rail in order for the steering box to sit in the proper position. I also had to drill two new holes. One of the holes was already in the right spot. I cut the top of the frame rail off so I could notch it and so I could reinforce it with heavier ¼ inch thick plate. I also tacked in a reinforcing plate on the outer side of the frame that will be welded on later. I also had to heat the inner fender and bump it out about a ¼ of an inch around the box so the box would clear it. The sector shaft and pitman arm sit in exactly the same position as the original.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

Pages (2): [1] 2