Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Big Jimbo's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Big Jimbo's profile Entries: 9
Views: 996
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

07-16-2010 10:37 AM Plymouth Viper Radiator
One of the most difficult areas to address was the cooling system. The Viper engine was about 8 inches longer than the old Plymouth V8, so what had appeared to be a lot of room turned out to be very tight. Because I live in Phoenix where 115 degrees is common in the summer, I also wanted to get the largest radiator I could fit between the fenders, and have room to mount an AC condenser. I ended up having an aluminum radiator custom made and used a dual fan from a Dodge Durango with a DCC controller.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

07-15-2010 04:55 PM Exhaust for the Plymouth Viper
For an exhaust system I went with SpinTech mufflers and 3" pipes that exit in front of the rear wheels. I was able to fit 275/60x15 Nitto drag radials without cutting, and decided to go with chrome steel wheels for that old school look.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

07-06-2010 10:27 AM Wilwood Rear Brakes for Plymouth Viper
I also put Wilwoods with a parking brake on the rear.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

07-06-2010 10:24 AM Big Front Brakes
With the increased power I wanted to get the largest brakes I could find and still run 15" steel wheels. I found some huge Wilwood disc brakes for the front in a kit from Magnum Force.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

07-02-2010 03:56 PM Steering and Pedals, Difficult Decisions
Since I plan on spending a lot of time actually driving this car when finished, I need to have it comfortable as well as reliable. I want all the controls like the pedals, shifter, and steering to be positioned in the "right" place just like a factory car. I finally settled on a dual brake and clutch pedal assembly from Wilwood and a gas pedal from Lokar. Fortunately the Tremec 6 sp with a Hurst shifter came out in the perfect location. I rebuilt the original power steering box and will plumb it into the Viper power steering pump. I was told that the pressure was close enough that it should work fine.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

Pages (2): [1] 2