Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Rambo_The_Dog's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Rambo_The_Dog's profile Entries: 12
Views: 3913
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

08-26-2008 10:58 PM Shop Remodel Progress
Last week I got the new lighting up and this week I installed the Goff Curtain wall, I'm waiting for some additional hardware and will post some pictures of the entire setup soon.

Here's what the "booth" looks like!

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

08-06-2008 10:58 PM #3 Where does the Time Go?
Rambo the Dog is adjusting well-enough to the chemo and healed up from the surgeries so I went out to finally start working on something in the shop!

But I got fed up with no lighting, tools scattered everywhere and finally made the command decision to do some remodelling so that I could have a "clean area" of the shop to do paint and bodywork in.

I've just finished the bulk of the work, I'll be hanging lights this weekend 5 - 8' 110 w flourescents from the ceiling and 8 more 4ft wet-dust-area t32 fixtures for side lighting (I'll probablly make them portable)

so finally, maybe after 1.5 years in this house I might be able to use my shop the way I always intended!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

08-06-2008 10:48 PM #2 Where does the Time Go?
So sept 07 my work gets in the way and I have to work a ton of overtime for the next few months and the next thing I know it's 2008

As I'm working and gathering parts for the 50 Super build my boy "Rambo the Dog" gets diagnosed with Mast Cell Tumors - Cancerous

This requires 2 surgeries in May within 1 week and my time and money is spent getting him healthy for the chemo therapy which we're now about 1/2 way done with!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

08-06-2008 10:42 PM #1 Where does the Time Go?
Wow - I am wondering if anything will ever get done!

Last year I bought a 50 Super 6 for parts for the 49 Hudson. but it is so nice I can't part it out...so the 49 custom is on hold while I get the 50 roadworthy and then I'll sell it to finish the 49

The Flathead runs perfectly so it's getting a twin-h dual carb setup and a TH400 automatic, with disc brakes on the front and some new socks and shoes!

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

06-19-2007 11:04 PM Finishing the Rust Repairs
I just wrapped up the rust repair on the drivers front fender and passenger floor board replacement.

Now the only rust repairs left are some issues with the bottoms of a couple of the doors.

I need to pickup an oxy-acetylene welder to help with some metal shrinking and massaging in places - but I have to wait to get some more cash saved.

So I started on some custom suicide hinges for the rear doors - but ran into too many problems due to the unique construction of the car - I'm not giving up on them - I just need to regroup and engineer a different solution that will probably involve some linear actuators - stay tuned...

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

Pages (3): [1] 2 3