Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: fasthuhpat's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View fasthuhpat's profile Entries: 32
Views: 15424
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

03-28-2014 02:26 PM Slow going
Still plugging along on the LS1 Vette! Plus I got two more vettes Blue 1977 one is an 63,000 all original mile car. The 1979 white one is a One owner car with a severe dent in the roof so it is a parts car now. Got the Nitrous Express MAF Off of Ebay for 75 bucks!! Everything still fitting under the stock flat hood!! Later

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #32]

04-10-2013 08:45 PM A/C is a GO!
Got the Holley bracket finally and got the a/c mocked up and I have room to spare!! Got the Radiator, condenser and main two speed fan mocked up as well, really happy the way things are turning out, still plenty of room tp work and get to things. Installed the power steering delete set up on as well, now im just waiting on my new idler and tension-er pulleys to get here Friday then I can figure out the belt length. run 1/2 of the 2.5" oval exhaust on the Passenger side (no pictures yet). I plan on working all day on it this Sunday so I hope to get a lot more done and get some more pictures.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #31]

03-26-2013 12:41 PM Rear end
Rebuilt rear end, bearings seals and posi. Powdercoated housing added a T/A Cover with cap supports. Added Moser Axles. changed the offset to accommodate ford brake drums and gained a little tire clearance too. Move shock mounts up on frame so car can ride lower. moving to the front now to try and squeeze in a condenser and a/c compressor! (all under the flat hood). wish me luck!! Also changed rear wheel bolt pattern to 5 on 4.5" from 5 on 5.5" Lots more wheel choices!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #30]

06-23-2012 03:04 PM Ls1 Chevette continues! (Finally)
Was sitting around the other day and realized I had not posted anything new on the vette since 2008!!! OMG!! Well after overcoming my depression this caused I thought I would update it. The depression was from me not being motivated to work on it and the mental block the firewall had on me. I got the firewall pretty much done a few months back and man did it feel good to do so! This week I got my Moser axles in and installed and all I can say is Moser rocks! I measure a bazillion times and the axles come in right on the money. I switched from a jeep 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern to a 5 on 4.5 with a custom bearing to flange measurement to facilitate of the shelf drums that will work with the jeep brake shoe set up. That took about six months of measuring, web searching and ordering several drums that did not work. So my 1979 chevette with a 1972 postal jeep rear end and brake shoes uses 1970 Ford econoline van drums! But it all fits perfect! Order .375 wheel spacers and 15"x8" rims with an inch more back spacing to get the tires right where i wanted them. My plan now is to take one day of vacation a week and devote it to working on the car. Wish me luck!!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #29]

03-09-2010 11:58 AM Update 2010
Been real busy so haven't had time to work on the LS1 in a while. Just sold off the other 4 banger Vette and traded for my Bike for my new RV car hauler project. 1991 Ward Senator Bus on a Crane Carrier chassis, no Diesel here! 366 BBC CNG burner! $1.45 gallon! Allison 4 speed auto and only 85,000miles!!! Runs real good and stops even better (air Brakes) I will part it in the middle with a steel wall and the "Vette" will ride in the back and I will have the front to convert to an small living space.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #28]

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7