Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: jeffmc's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View jeffmc's profile Entries: 1
Views: 408
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

01-05-2014 10:29 AM 1941 Dodge Custom
I brought this car from a friends estate ,sadly he passed away before he got it done . Another friend had it before David .He brought it out of a barn in Altona Pa. where it sat for 30 yrs. It was a mess when I got it ,half way done . I spent about a year putting it enough to drive .I drove it for about a years or so .
I had nothing but trouble with it ,one problem after another .David had gotten very creative building this car. He had put a motor (305) and transmission (700r)out of a 87 trans Am in it . The wiring was a mess !!!.
Decided to do a frame off rebuild over the winter .
Planning on putting a 350,that I brought as a turn key from GM performance .I'm using a 700 r transmission and a Mopar 8 3/4 rear. Im going with GM stuff only because the mounts are already set up for GM. I know that is going to make all the Mopar guys cringe !!!
The body is in very good shape ,no rust at all so I wont have to much to do to it but paint it . The interior is gutted and the dash is real bad shape .Looks like David changed his mind a couple times on what he wanted to do with it . I brought another car for parts, mostly interior stuff .
My plan is to paint it some shade of red with a red and cream interior .I'm going what I call old school As little electronics as possible. Going to use as many of the original gauges as possible . Going to put SS Craigers .nice and wide in the back and skinny in the front .
Enough for now

Jeff

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]