Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: gasser34's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View gasser34's profile Entries: 9
Views: 1654
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

12-26-2006 06:17 PM coilover shocks
just put these together. after trying to fit them in place it looks like what I was afraid of. the four link bars and their shortest are about an inch too long. going to have to shorten them and make some shock brackets that hang lower to get the body down a little. this will also make the rear panhard bar, which I dont have on yet, fit a little better

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

04-05-2006 04:50 AM Be gentle
Had a hen party the other day and pushed it outside to have more room in the shop. It was the first time outside and it looked good without blocks under the frame. I wish I could afford the coil overs but for now the "struts" work pretty good at holding the frame in the correct location. I think after I get the floor cut out lowering the body will be a must. Channeling to the point that the frame is covered by the body.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

03-31-2006 07:20 PM front panhard
The bolt on the new front panhard bar interferes with the axle also the bracket that came on the frame makes the panhard bar too short. Looks like cutting off the bracket and replacing it with the bracket that came with the panhard bar will fix some of my problems. Possibly grinding some of the bolt head off will help the clearance problem.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

03-28-2006 10:45 AM Tires and wheels
For a long time I had Ranger front wheels and Lincon rear wheels with "Bald Eagle" tires but about August of 2005 I bought some American Racing mags (TTO) 15x8 and some killer cheater slicks for the rear. For the front I bought ET-3 gasser wheels 14x4 for the front and some 2 ply tires. Check out the pie crust edges on the tires. Oh by the way the skins came from Coker Tire and why not since they are located about 20 miles away.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

03-28-2006 10:30 AM four bar brackets
ho' made again

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

Pages (2): [1] 2